Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 03:19PM

I need the worst quotes you are aware of from the GA's about masturbating.

I knew this was the right place to come....

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 15, 2013 03:29PM

Oh, and I'd also like to hear stories of bishops stepping over the line in enforcing the "no masturbation" rule and/or questioning kids or adults about it.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 04:20PM

http://www.moonmac.com/Mormon_masturbation.html

http://lds-mormon.com/only.shtml

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2013 04:21PM by The Oncoming Storm - bc.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 04:47PM

I love how they flat out tell you that the "Hymns of Zion" are the most potent turn-off known to mankind.

Date: April 15, 2013 06:56PM

Hah! Nice.

They've since determined that what actually happens is that you start associating those types of thoughts with the song...

Date: April 15, 2013 04:54PM

Holy shit! That first one, reading the suggestion made me actually laugh! How about you just stick a BOM down the front of our hard-to-open PJ's as a physical barrier?

Date: April 15, 2013 06:57PM

The whole - if you masturbate you can't be friends with anyone else who masturbates has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

Date: April 15, 2013 07:10PM

Yeah, because people in Mormon culture are so open about their masturbation habits and you might be tempted.

Date: April 16, 2013 01:11PM

I can just picture a bishop telling two deacons in the ward that they aren't allowed to be friends...

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:03PM

I have a few "black days" on my calendar :(

Or is it more like :)

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 06:53PM

I always thought about it whenever I heard the song come come ye saints.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 08:36PM

I tried the color the day black thing but I had to get more calendars. Now I have 12 black calendars and no friends.

Posted by: utchick33 ( )
Date: April 15, 2013 08:57PM

I wonder if they ever tell you that all this talk about how "evil" masturbation is will lead to a thought that your body is foul, you should never be happy with it, and that your husband shouldn't ever touch unless it's to procreate. My hell... they may as well tell us we only have sex in the missionary position with the lights off and the bedsheets drawn. My own damn sister was freaking 26 when she had sex and she and her hubby wore SWIMSUITS in their hot tub ALONE. Nice... maybe the GA's should just start imseminating women so that it's not considered sexual LOL.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 11:43PM

Wait, people hot tub together without swimsuits? I got to go get me a hot tub.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 11:47PM

my TBM parents used to have a hot tub inside of their house. The first time I visited them after they got it, they invited me to use it. But I was asked to shower first and remove my clothes before getting in. Not with them there with me, but my husband was with me. All I could think about was that they had been using it for weeks naked. We decided to go to bed instead.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 12:49AM

I'm pretty sure the GA's little factories don't work so well anymore.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 01:18AM

I will never forget my WTF moment when I read the masturbation pamphlet my stepson brought home from church.

First, I thought the suggestions for avoidance were insane.
The one that got me the most was tying yourself to your bed. OMG! Really!? My SS was about 14 at the time. To me it sounded like a beginners pamphlet to S&M.

I had a chat with him right away about that crazy info. I told him that those old buzzards were so out of touch with reality and society that it alarmed me.

I told him that it was none of their business what he was doing in his sex life or his bedroom. I talked to him for about an hour. I would have had his dad talk to him, but his dad was out of the country at the time, and I didn't think it could wait.

A year later the kid had sex with his girlfriend. First thing he did was go to the bish and tell him ALL. He was immediately humiliated in front of the entire ward. He couldn't pass, or take the sacrament for 6 months. The gossip was rampant. Hopefully he learned why he shouldn't be talking to people at church about his sex life. His dad ripped the bishop a new one.

The irony being the bish's son was doing way worse things. He just knew better than to tell anyone. He was not only sleeping with his girlfriend, but also her friends. He drank like a fish and had no problem slapping the girls around. He was an arrogant little prick. It would be interesting to know where he's at now, 15 years later.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:57AM

He's probably a bishop haha

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 05:13PM

Wonder what the girlfriend and her family must have thought after the entire ward was debriefed on the boys sexual deeds.

I would not be happy with some of the stories that must have been circulating had it been my daughter.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 11:41AM

Unfortunately, I can't document it because I heard it from his own mouth, but when Vaughan J. Featherstone visited my mission, to a roomful of masturbating missionaries he said: "That is sacred fluid." That's verbatim. So there's one for you.

Now, everyone: E-e-v'ry sperm is s-a-a-a-cr-e-e-d...

Date: April 16, 2013 01:39PM

Ewww, sacred fluid. You may have just scarred me for life.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 01:57PM

That just sounds like he was trying to talk his wife into swallowing.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 04:33PM

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:07PM

No doubt! I think we need to check D&C again to if Joe used "sacred fluid" as an argument to support Polygamy.

Posted by: hapeheretic ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 11:42AM

I've read this piece before, but I didn't notice the part about
"aversion" therapy, specifically, the remedy of visualizing sitting in a bathtub full of worms and eating some of them when tempted to masturbate. WTF?!?

How hilarious is that!

Mark E. Peterson---what a card!

Posted by: order66 ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 01:59PM

Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 78
“... it [masturbation] too often leads to grievous sin, even to that sin against nature, homosexuality. For, done in private, it evolves often into mutual masturbation – practiced with another person of the same sex – and thence into total homosexuality.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 01:59PM by order66.

Posted by: Japanese RM ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 05:05PM

Makes you wonder what kind of experiences young Spencer had growing up that led him to this conclusion.

Posted by: CTRringturnsmyfingergreen ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:09PM

I never once, in my entire masturbation career, wanted to "mutually" masturbate, especially at age 13. The reason I'm masturbating is because I want to be alone with my thoughts.

Posted by: eyesopen ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 02:09PM

Okay, is that piece by Peterson authentic?? It seems too ridiculous, too ... I don't know ... I mean I know what creepy weirdos they are, but did they REALLY put this out there??

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 06:57PM

It is absolutely authentic. It was presented to us in priesthood.

Posted by: puckpasser ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:10PM

My husband was in junior high when his Mother was sucked into the JW's. That cult apparently doesn't respect personal boundaries either. She told him when he to went to sleep, to be laying on his side. Laying on his back was wrong because it made "it" too accessable, and laying on his stomach might be too stimulating.

Yes, he was scarred.

Posted by: liminal state ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:06PM

It's like they're making it a sin to be human.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:10PM

The natural man IS an enemy to God you know...but He still wants your tithing anyway.

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:18PM

my mother would sneak into my room and rip the covers off to see if she would catch me masturbating. If she caught me she would beat me with a wooden spoon, belt or her hands. She would also move the shower curtain real fast to try to catch me in the shower. I learned real fast to just lock the bathroom door. I was messing with God ordained property and I could cause an infection and not be able to have babies.It was an evil thing to do. Thank goodness I forced her signature on the Family Life Education forms. I got a real sex education and by 7th grade I'm pretty sure I knew more about sex than my mother.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.