Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ddrakep ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:01AM

Me and my wife have not worn g's for about 2 years. I still feel guilty around certain family members, especially my dad. How do I get past this? I'm sure they know, but need to feel 100% comfortable around them. Thanks for any advice.

Side note....how sexy is it to see panties instead of those hideous bottoms while getting ready??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iris ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:10AM

You know you're in trouble when you're worried about others noticing your underwear or lack thereof. After not attending for a couple of years, my brother and sister-in-law visited from Utah. Before they arrived, we moved the coffee maker, and other non-mormon stuff in the garage. The first night of their visit when we were in bed, my DH got in bed wearing garments. I about freaked out when I reached over and touched them realizing what they were. He said he was being considerate to my brother by wearing them. I about fell off the bed laughing.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 12:04PM

Yea, totally true. You DO know you're in trouble when you're worrying about your tbm family members noticing you not wearing them. we went through the last time we 'went home' for a visit with the in-laws. My husband said he was talking to his parents, and lifted up his shirt to itch his side and saw his mom's eyes go that direction and realized he wasn't wearing the g top. How f'd up is it that anybody would have to worry about something like that?! Now that's cultish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 12:04PM by dogeatdog.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:13AM

Garments make granny panties look sexy. I know what you mean with the panties and bras being so much better to see (in all their varieties) than ugly hideous church under garb.

Has the subject of church ever come up with them? Do they know where you stand? I'm in a similar situation. They know I'm disfellowshipped and know I'm not actively trying to get reinstated. I feel a little guarded about letting them see waistbands to my underoos.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:16AM

Turn it around - you are the smart one, the one with integrity, brave enough to open your mind to the truth. Feel good about yourself for this. You can have compassion and love for your parents, while realizing if there is any discomfort it is only within them, and their dependence on this cult.

Posted by: birthgoddess ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:25AM

I went through the same thing with my TBM son and DIL. When we were around them, DH was continually tugging at my shirt to make sure it never crept up and showed a sliver of non-garment-covered-skin. We finally officially told them we'd left the church a few months ago. What a relief! This last visit, we left the coffee maker out, had a bottle of wine in the fridge, and stopped tugging at the clothing. Funny thing, I started noticing DIL's garments and for the first time realized how freakish they are! :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 07:54AM

I think it's good to stop and think about this occasionally.

Mormons are not the respected leaders in normal society. They're considered laughable to normal people out there.

What if TBMs fully approved of us? That would put us in a category of weirdness and delusion according to the smart normal prosperous nonmormon society.

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: April 16, 2013 08:28AM

It took a long time to finally decide not to wear them anymore and then it was in babysteps. Literally, I feared something horrible would happen to me. Eventually I got to the point of not wearng them full time and learned that I loved wearing short skirts and tank tops and just overall dressing sexy in a way I hadn't been able to do before.

But when the inlaws were coming to visit from out of state, at the request of their son, I would put them back on, put up the coffee maker and the other stuff and act the part of a TBM. I hated the deception. He was no more TBM than I was but he couldn't stand the thought of disappointing his parents.

Pathetic, really.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.