Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: weepingwillow ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 10:26AM

I bought a dress yesterday that my garments would show with. It's still a modest dress in my opinion. Today after my shower I didn't put my garments on. I put on the dress and told my husband it was an experiment. If he didn't like it, I would take it off. He liked it.
:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 10:32AM

That was a great way to make the transition, and you are very lucky!
(My husband won't even look at me if I'm not in something garment-worthy. You know how Orthodox Jews will literally turn around and walk backwards to keep from having to look at you?? That's basically what he does.)

Posted by: fiona64 ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 11:58AM

AngelCowgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was a great way to make the transition, and
> you are very lucky!
> (My husband won't even look at me if I'm not in
> something garment-worthy. You know how Orthodox
> Jews will literally turn around and walk backwards
> to keep from having to look at you?? That's
> basically what he does.)

There is a term for this kind of behavior: psychological abuse.

Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 01:52PM

That's just wrong. Sorry.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 11:38AM

Congratulations! It's amazing how something as simple as a new dress can brighten one's outlook, I find (whether exMo, neverMo...). Spring, to me, is also the optimum time to invest in some new clothing.

Glad your husband liked it too. :-)

Posted by: faithnomore ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 11:49AM

Very cool! I loved it when my wife started dressing "normal". I think that she is a very sexy woman, but garments had all but killed our mutual attraction. The funny thing is, now that we both wear more stylish clothing we feel like we have an incentive to be "in shape" and look good for each other. I am so happy to hear that your husband had such a positive reaction to your change in apparel.

BTW, I have read many of your posts since your first one (I'm glad you kept coming back to the board) ;) and it sounds like yours is going to be another success story. Congrats!

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 01:55PM

Good to know that your husband is normal, and not scared of a woman's sexiness.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 02:00PM

weepingwillow, you must be a girly girl because I swear I never wear dresses. The last time I wore anything resembling a dress was last year when I wore a skirt to my stepmom's funeral. Nothing wrong with dresses, it's just something I never wear or would buy. I'm glad your husband liked it though. Maybe you can lure him out of TSCC with sexy dresses! :)

Posted by: WakingUpVegas ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 02:00PM

That's a really smart way to ease into it. Total win-win, you get a new dress, and your husband gets to see more of his lovely wife!

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 02:06PM

Woot! Score 100 for weepingwillow!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 02:13PM

I dunno....if it were me I would have said "I don't like it, please take it off......immediatley....right were you stand".....if you get my drift ;)

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 02:49PM

I really like this post. I think you mentioned in another post you like Summer dresses, I like the look of them too.

I don't like to use Mormon think to discuss subjects because Mormonism is a fraud cult, but one of the twisted thinking of Mormons is that we came to earth to have a mortal experience.

Mormons then spend all of their time creating, monitoring, and enforcing a list of mortal experience not to experience. One of which is wearing a pretty dress that makes you feel feminine and is appealing to your husband. What a lovely mortal, human expression of the power of your femininity!

Posted by: daydream ( )
Date: April 17, 2013 04:57PM

That's awesome weeping willow! Enjoy the freedom of having control over your own body.

I stopped wearing g's last summer and didn't make any announcements to my then still-TBM husby (he left shortly after me). I just went out and bought a bunch of normal cute underwear and started wearing it. He was a bit sad when he realized that I was never going to wear garmies again, but he certainly never complained about their replacements ;)

Happy shopping!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.