Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 18, 2013 12:17AM

That marathon was rougher than anybody could have imagined and while everyone is still reeling, poison letters show up in Washington, and now a huge explosion in Texas. The pictures from Boston and now Texas are horrific.

There is nothing we can do being so far away except assure our friends and neighbours they are in our warmest thoughts and our hearts go out to all those affected.

First responders do an incredible job. So it is too with second-liners and all the other helpers. Too, the regular folks who happen to be on site step up to the plate and perform heroically.

We just had a minor incident at our home and a guy down the street we don't even know ran over to make sure we weren't being burgled or otherwise in need of help. It warms your heart when you need assistance and a stranger steps forward to help. Selfless, to say the least. All you can do is hope to pay it forward some day.

I'm sure there are many heroic and selfless people in all places and may they all be there for those in need.

I'm so lucky. I get to turn off the news and am fairly well assured of getting a peaceful night's sleep. Except for my heavy heart, thinking of all those going through major trauma this week and there isn't anything I can do on the spot for any of them.

But we're sure thinking of our American neighbours in their very tough week. And it's only Wednesday...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puck ( )
Date: April 18, 2013 01:25AM

just checking in with rfm here. I've been living abroad but am back in boston, but wasn't at the race. I've been an EMT volunteer in the past, right at the race's finish, so this is really surreal. but I'm fine.

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: April 18, 2013 03:38AM

Glad to hear it Puck. I've been thinking of you. If you have a minute, send me an email.

Posted by: vulturetamernotloggedin ( )
Date: April 18, 2013 03:48AM

I could not have said it better myself. I just crawled into bed feeling the same way. My heart hurts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.