Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 09:52PM

My inactive dad said that he would never in a million years let my Jackmo brother move back here, or let his pregnant with baby #2 Jackmo wife move in here. Well, he just told me they are. I'm the one who actually takes care of this house, & I'm not cooking or cleaning for them. I'm not watching their kid. I'm not doing anything for them. My brother is an abusive, irresponsible, fuckheaded loser asshole, & his wife is a scheming bitch. There is no way for me to get out of here right now, so I'm stuck with these two, & their kid & baby #2. & the other kids on the weekends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 10:41PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 20, 2013 10:16PM

I really, really can't deal with any of this bullshit.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:19PM

First the headaches, and now more "headaches."

I know from a previous thread that you're a student . . . are we talking HS or college?

Either way, you've got my sympathy.

Date: April 20, 2013 10:45PM

This is my younger brother who's moving back home.

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 09:30AM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:30PM

Isn't it wonderful to have such a loving family! (dripping sarcasm!)

Hope you can find some way to work it out.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:38PM

I have read this thread several times and every time I read it as "The Jacksons" are moving in.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 10:50PM

Sorry -- it sounds like a horrible situation.

Talk to your dad before they move in and to your brother's family as soon as they move in. Work out an equitable schedule for cooking and housework. Do your share and no more. And make sure that they are aware up front that you are not available for baby sitting. You might consider being proactive about that and gathering some names of neighborhood teens willing to babysit.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:19PM

They are all bonkers. The situation is truly screwed up. Plus the Jackmos are trying to go back to church right now.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:27PM

How so? I had dozens of roommates back in the day, some of them quite crazy and/or slothful. Discussions about housework and food/cooking/cleanup are always on the table when you live with other adults. Some situations work out, some don't, but it's worth a try.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:38PM

My brother is irresponsible & abusive, & his wife is a stone cold stuck up bitch. I'm very ill, & if they move in here, I will probably be kicked out. I have absolutely no where to go. That bitch & my brother are not going to help my mom, who works full time. My dad is retired now (my parents are older), & he is busy with other things, & plus he's an abusive asshole too. My mom & I think he might be bipolar.

There aren't any teenagers or hardly any kids in area we live in, & we live in an urban neighborhood, so there aren't any teenagers around to babysit. I'm worried that there will be cult members at our house all the time now if they move in. I'm worried her crazy ass TBM parents will be here often. They are in the position they're in because of her parents. & now my life is going to be even more fucked up.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 20, 2013 11:52PM

Focus on school. Stay there to study if you can. Live in the library and the cafeteria. Study like crazy. If you're not working , can you get a job at the college? Would that work for you? It would give you more reason to never be home.

Go to the hardware store and buy a lock with a key for your bedroom. Not that you have anything to hide, but it insures your space isn't invaded when you're not there. If you have the luxury of your own bathroom, put a lock on it too. You may want to invest in a small fridge and microwave for your room. Food always becomes an issue in situations like this. Turn your bedroom into a studio apartment under lock and key if you can.

These are just a few things I learned from having to live at home when I was in my 20's.

Date: April 21, 2013 12:02AM

I'm not even allowed to lock doors that have locks. Oh I do it anyway, despite getting in trouble all the time.

I have a very small room, & having appliances in here isn't feasible. I don't have the money for them anyway. & on top of that I actually cook. I almost never eat frozen food, unless it's certain frozen ingredients to cook with, or the occasional organic gourmet frozen entree.

Date: April 20, 2013 11:44PM

But apparently the more things change, the more they stay they same. :/

Date: April 21, 2013 08:48AM

We know. We figured it out.

Date: April 21, 2013 12:05AM

Things are just bad for me right now, they're always bad in fact, & if they move in here, things are goin to get a lot worse, & there's nothing I can do to make it more bearable.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:17AM

Infinite Dreams, you sound like you are shell-shocked and I can understand how you must feel. But you are stronger than you know, and you'll find a way to make it through. There are many people here who are ready to listen and help. Hang in there!

Date: April 21, 2013 12:36AM

I've been talking about the problems in my life in this forum for over 3 1/2 years now. & nothing changes, nothing gets better, no matter what I do. I know everyone is sick of it now. I'm sorry.

Date: April 21, 2013 08:49AM

You mentioned that you are ill. Do you need someone to take care of you? Do you miss a lot of school or work due to your illness?

Date: April 21, 2013 06:42PM

But I can't work right now because of being sick all the time. I can't get a new job anyway. I'm only able to go to school part time too. Everyone in my family thinks I'm a hypochondriac. I would say that I'm the opposite. I just have to get through this is all. :/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.