Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: raven ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 06:24AM

I worked as a government contractor on site at the department of Energy and had a government coworker who was a bitch. She was dumb as a brick and was promoted way over her abilities because she sucked up to the men in power. When I left she had an attitude because my contractor boss informed her that I was leaving and she thought that I should have told her because she had the mistaken idea that she was my boss. I did her work for her because I had no choice. On my last day I left after she did and I placed a pencil on her phone that said "attitude" on it since she claimed that I had one. It was one of those inspirational things, there were ones with leadership, achievement etc. I changed my phone message to state that I was no longer there and would not be checking the voicemail and to call another number for assistance. A week later I ran into an acquaintance who said that she had left a message for me since she had no other number for me. I checked the voicemail to erase her message and found a completely obnoxious message from my former coworker.

So I forwarded the message to the people I used to work with including my former contractor boss and her federal coworkers. They in turn forwarded the message to others and it got back to her fed boss. She was not well liked. She showed up for a meeting and walked into the conference room early to hear everyone listening to her bitchy message. I was the local hero.

It was so beautiful. My former boss said he had no idea she was like that since she would snow job him.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord but the good lord helps those who help themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 09:47AM

get fired?

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 09:54AM

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:11AM

It would be great to have taken some revenge on a couple of my past supervisors. Several years ago, I was at a job where we all had to work at several different schools, but we had an "office" (a desk, really) at a separate building ("Special Services"). We got an email one day that said that a school board member and the district superintendent were planning a tour of our facilities at a certain day/time. The Special Education Director sent us an email in which we were instructed to alter our schedules so that we would be at our desks and "look busy" during their visit. I wish that I could have forwarded that email to the board member and superintendent anonymously.

Now, I work in a different district, and our current supervisor is incompetent, untrained, and inexperienced - and it shows. About 3/4 of the e-mails he sends and the decisions he makes shows that he hasn't a clue about what he's doing, or what's ethical and proper to do in various situations. My only solace is that retirement is coming soon...

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:59AM

Date: January 20, 2011 11:20AM

The fed worker was not fired. It takes an act of God to fire a long term federal worker unless they go postal. She did nothing that could get he fired she just looked like a fool.
She had already been promoted as far as she could go and was making at least twice what she was worth. In '95 she was making about 65k with a high school diploma.

She was known as being useless and unless she retired she is probably still there just as useless as ever. There were rumors of sleeping her way up the food chain when she was younger. I could believe it. When I knew her she was at the end of her expiration date as she didn't age well but she still acted the bimbo with any male in power. For the five years I was there she whined that she needed to be trained. The only thing she could be trained to do was fetch or roll over.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:49PM

How do you do that?
I don't have a clue how to forward a voice mail.

That's the problem with email and voice mails. They can come back to haunt you. Sure did in this case.

Date: January 20, 2011 12:57PM

SusieQ#1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you do that?
> I don't have a clue how to forward a voice mail.
>
> That's the problem with email and voice mails.
> They can come back to haunt you. Sure did in this
> case.

Either a phone system has the capability to do it or not. On most voice mail the prompt tells you the number to push to forward the call and then you enter the persons phone number or there is an option for more options and it is under that. Yes voice mail can be a deadly weapon. My former coworker was too dumb to think about it. The message she left was petty and ignorant but not obscene.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.