Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 09:34AM

You're about as full of shit as I am (takes one to know one), but you hit the nail on the head over there in that other thread when you said (and I paraphrase) that it's mostly about ceasing to send money into the morg.

Well said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:09AM

I've tried to do the resignation thang, I truly have, but something more important always gets in the way.

This morning, for example, I have to clean my cat's anus ... WITH MY TONGUE!

See what I mean?

Timothy

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:31AM

LOL...I too have just not been able to find the time to go through the whole resignation thing. I've got much better things to do...and they are far less gross that what's on Timmy's agenda this morning! ;)

Date: January 20, 2011 10:39AM

... a man does have to set his priorities.

Up Next: Testing the tensile strength of my "thingy" in a tug 'o' war with my new truck.

It never ends, IT NEVER ENDS!

Timothy

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:32AM

Yes, Rush is involved. ;)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:54AM

Or my daughter did. In fact, when I decided to resign, my boyfriend sent me several of my old e-mails where I said to him, "I don't need to jump through their hoops."

My daughter needed me to draw a line in the sand--I did it. Many people (including my boyfriend, he knew me back as a TTTTTBBBBBMMMMM)--and he thought it would be traumatic for me. Nope. I hardly gave it a second thought once I hit "send."

After things that transpired at Christmas--I thought we were at a good place--a very good place--and then I found out I was wrong. She needed me to make a statement (though she doesn't know that). It came to me in my sleep--

Date: January 20, 2011 11:04AM

Date: January 20, 2011 11:10AM

do tell?

Date: January 20, 2011 11:17AM

Just re-read what you wrote. I thought the statement came to you in your sleep and wanted to know what it was.

Sorry.

Date: January 20, 2011 11:19AM

So did I. Shit, I'm starting to think like Timothy.

Date: January 20, 2011 11:30AM

***sigh*** No telling what I've unleashed on the unsuspecting South.

Timothy

Date: January 20, 2011 11:28AM

It has happened before--where I wake out of a deep sleep and I know what I need to do.

I had been stressing about our argument on Christmas Eve for over a week. I had determined I would NEVER resign as it was jumping through their hoops.

She talks to me as though I still believe. It drives her brother nuts. I've tried really hard to be supportive and since I have so much experience as a mormon, it isn't hard to just carry on a conversation about her experiences or feelings. BUT we had enough drama when she went back to the lds church, I thought she "got it"--but our argument on CE proved to me that she doesn't. She thought she was making "headway"--that her mother was coming over to the light.

As a parent/mother, I'd like to believe that my kids see me for who I am, but they don't. They have ideas of who I should be and they can't get beyond it--more her than her brother. It is just wishful thinking. It was TOO CLEAR with what she said that she doesn't even for a moment get me or understand me--but sees me through mormon eyes.

I've even had the bishop bothering me (my ex and my son) when he had promised her that he wouldn't. (I figured out he would be the next bishop and she nor none of her friends did--so I guess I must be inspired!?!?) Anyway--the fellowshipping had begun in earnest at Christmas and my daughter had her meltdown.

So--to me, living where I had been active mormon--it seems it is the ONLY THING mormons UNDERSTAND. They will continue "hoping" and "believing" that I still believe, I'm just lazy, offended. The bishop told me when he visited--when I told him I wouldn't be back, "Oh you will be later on."

THEY NEEDED ME to draw a line in the sand and I did. I warned my daughter beforehand in an e-mail. She hasn't said anything. My boyfriend thought it would be better than the bishop contacting her (he is the father of her best friend and she spends a lot of time with them). So . . . I feel they forced my hand.

I'm kind of looking forward to the bishop visiting . . . I know him well.

Date: January 20, 2011 11:10AM

I rarely go down the beaten path, so I just tell folks that I left the church by committing "death by cop". I was so fed up that I told the Bishop to hold a court of love and excommunicate me for heresy and non-support of the profit. To this day, no one has ever tried to contact me again.

You think my story is worth reading, you should hear my Shila's story about leaving the JW's. Holy crap! Among other things, her mom told her to quit school and get married because, at that time, the JW's had narrowed down the second coming to 1979. And...SHE DID IT! Married at 15, kid at 17.... Can't imagine that bullshit. Unbelievable.

She has stories that make ours look like a kindergarten boxing match.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: raven ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:49PM

ExMormonRon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I rarely go down the beaten path, so I just tell
> folks that I left the church by committing "death
> by cop". I was so fed up that I told the Bishop
> to hold a court of love and excommunicate me for
> heresy and non-support of the profit. To this
> day, no one has ever tried to contact me again.
>
> You think my story is worth reading, you should
> hear my Shila's story about leaving the JW's.
> Holy crap! Among other things, her mom told her
> to quit school and get married because, at that
> time, the JW's had narrowed down the second coming
> to 1979. And...SHE DID IT! Married at 15, kid at
> 17.... Can't imagine that bullshit.
> Unbelievable.
>
> She has stories that make ours look like a
> kindergarten boxing match.
>
> Just sayin'...
>
> Ron

Does she have her story anywhere for the reading? I would love to hear about the JWs.

Glad the world didn't end in 1979 I had not met my true love and had not yet discovered mind blowing sex.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.