Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:41PM

I have always liked to pull practical jokes on people. Nothing destructive, just small things for fun.

When I was working, I ran large lathes for a metals plant. One of the machines would occasionally shut down, something electrical would need to be reset, meaning you had to call an electrician. (labor unions, ain't they great?). My foreman at the time always had a coke in his hand, we used to get them in a cup with ice out of the coke machine. One afternoon right after I started work at that machine, it quit. So I went into the office to tell the boss to call an electrician, or someone like him. He said that you can sometimes wiggle the handles and it will start. I said I already tried that. So he came out to the machine, coke cup in hand to try himself. It didn't work, so he left to call the electrician. I thought I would have a snack out of my lunch while I was waiting. I had some chocolate pudding in my lunch, so I pulled that out and started eating it. I turned around and found that the foreman had set his coke cup on the tool shelf behind my machine. I had a flash of insight how I could make his coke taste better. Soo, I took a big spoon of chocolate pudding and dropped it into his coke. I honestly thought some of it would float, but it sank immediately to the bottom of the cup. Not a trace showed on top. Immediately after that he remembered where he left it and came back to retrieve his coke and left. It happened so fast, I never had a chance to tell him, not that I would have anyway. I waited a couple of hours to give him time to get back to the office from his rounds. I went into the office and I asked him how he liked the coke? LOL. He looked at me wide eyed and yelled "you son of a b---ch! I was laughing so hard I just about peed my pants. He started laughing too and said "you can't imagine the feeling you get when you tip the cup up to get the last drop, and there is a big glob of brown stuff sliding towards your face."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:52PM

When I was on my mission, I came home at the end of a tiring day, eyelids half-closed while I went to the toilet. I looked down and saw a whole pig's head staring up at me, tongue engorged out of its mouth. I about vomited, but somehow managed to get the pighead out of the toilet and into the trash. Two weeks later, I received a letter in the mail from my ZL. I opened it, and found a photograph of the ZL brushing the pig's teeth WITH MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!

Posted by: raven ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:05PM

resipsaloquitur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I was on my mission, I came home at the end
> of a tiring day, eyelids half-closed while I went
> to the toilet. I looked down and saw a whole
> pig's head staring up at me, tongue engorged out
> of its mouth. I about vomited, but somehow
> managed to get the pighead out of the toilet and
> into the trash. Two weeks later, I received a
> letter in the mail from my ZL. I opened it, and
> found a photograph of the ZL brushing the pig's
> teeth WITH MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!

That sounds hostile and disgusting not joke-like.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:33PM

It was sickening, but I've been laughing at how clever it was for many years now.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:33PM

raven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That sounds hostile and disgusting not joke-like.

It's kind of a guy thing.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:41PM

But never to worry. His apartment somehow ended up with raw fish bits hidden throughout, such as in the cupboards, drawers, within his pillowcase and rubbed on the ironing board. Payback's a bitch.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 04:41PM

Here is a great one to do at the next party you host. Before everyone comes, video record your toilet in the front bathroom, from high up next to the ceiling. Record for about 5 min. Burn it to DVD, and have that ready to go in the player when the first guest goes in to do more than wash their hands. Instruct the rest of the guests to laugh loudly and point at them and the tv when they come out. If it's a dude, start calling him "tiny" or "stump" for the rest of the night.

Posted by: reagan w kabir ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:32PM

Many years ago I worked at a sugar factory and there was a large tank that was placed on a weigh scale near where I worked. A co-worker was always weighing himself on the scale and bragged about never weighing more than 187 lbs. So I came up with a good joke to pull on him. I found a 10 lb sledge hammer nearby and with the help of another co-worker rigged a rope system that would raise and lower the sledge hammer onto the scale behind the tank where it couldn't be seen. Then I went and asked mister 187 lbs if he'd weighed himself that day, well he hadn't, so off he went to the scale. He hopped on it and my buddy then lowered the hammer onto the scale. His eyes nearly popped out when it read 196 lbs and quickly got off in disbelief, my buddy then raised the hammer so the scale read zero again. He kept saying he'd never weighed that much before and started taking everything out of his pockets and hopped back on the scale again and it then read 195 lbs. He was still aghast, next thing we knew, he started to take his boots, pants and shirt off to see if that helped, which is when we let him in on the joke. Man was he pissed, but quickly calmed down after getting his clothes back on and then well all had a good laugh about it.

Posted by: down under ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 06:19PM

While on my mission in Australia, I pulled a pretty good practical joke on my companion. In Australia they had plastic aerosol bottles that you could pump up yourself. My comp would always use it to wet his hair before gelling it. Secretly, the night before P-day I boiled some water and dissolved lots of sugar in it and then put it in his pump sprayer. Then next morning everything went smoothly and nothing awry until when we were at the laundry mat washing our clothes. His hair wasn't drying and he kept feeling it and then finally asked if I had put something in his hair gel, to I answered "No". He just wouldn't let it go, so then tasted some of the gel from his hair. He then accused me of putting sugar in his gel, because it tasted sweet. I couldn't help but laugh a little, but I kept telling him that I hadn't messed with his gel. Finally, I was feeling a little bad and told him that I had put sugar in his pump sprayer. He was so livid he nearly came unglued. Then I thought was even funnier, that he would get so mad over a little sugar in the hair.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.