Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: May 02, 2013 10:29PM

That's funny, and the best part is that it's basically what the beliefs really are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 02, 2013 10:35PM

Posted by: brothergalileo ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 03:51PM

Guys, I'm an engineer so I know what I'm talking about when I say this. This is some complicated $#!T.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2013 11:03PM

It's perfectly correct as I was taught. It's important to have picked up a wiener somewhere before the end. Good luck.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 09:52AM

You poor women used to be SOL. Now with some extra cash, some surgery and hormone treatments you too can have a wiener.

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 11:10AM

OMG! We're dying laughing here!

TG

Posted by: doubtisavirtue ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 04:01AM

The only problem I see is I'm pretty certain that righteous non-Mormons get into the Terrestrial Kingdom as well. Men like Ghandi and Martin Luther King would be in the Terrestrial Kingdom, not the Telestial. The liars, thieves, murderers, whores, etc., go to the Telestial Kingdom, the good non-Mormons and the less diligent Mormons go to the Terrestrial, and the diligent Mormons get into the Celestial.

Other than that, yeah, pretty much everything is correct.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 09:20AM

I printed this and gave it to a married couple that I work with who are stalwart members of a large Christian community here. They laughed and laughed, and passed it on to others. Their German exchange student even read over and laughed about it. They had a lot of questions that came back to me from other people, and I answered them all. Basically, this flow chart shows it like it is, odd cultist things that Mormons believe, and how the hereafter is all worked out in triplicate for them. Seems unbelievable, but it's dead-on.

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 11:02AM

Oh man, this one will get shared. Cludgie, did any of your non-member co-workers share with the TBMs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2013 11:03AM by destiny.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 02:52PM

I printed two copies, gave one to the couple and left the other prominently on my desk for about 3 weeks. I have no idea if anyone read it or not. I hoped that one of the LDS guys people who work here might see it and thumb through it.

I do have the wire diagram for choosing your religion pinned up on my cubicle, and everyone has come by and read it and laughed, even the Mormons.

One Mormon guy got peevish with me two days ago because he walked by while I was explaining City Creek Center to a co-worker here who is being transferred to Utah. I don't like to fall into pissing off good people, but I can't feel too badly if I'm just explaining something.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: May 03, 2013 01:19PM

What's with the line that goes "around and behind" the chart between "Spirit Prison" and "Are you a mormon" ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.