Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 09:26AM

What's funny is all the Mormons who get in the comment sections and talk about how the South Park guys should have made a parody about Islam instead, or if they were really brave they would have done that. It's funny, because they don't know about the Mohamed episode of South Park.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: charles, not logged in ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 09:46AM

Mormonism is about the death of the individual.

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 02:03PM

Liza Morong must also think that Steven Colbert is a conservative.

She listened to "I Believe" and did not get the irony?????

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 09:35AM

Oh. Dear. Gawd. I simply don't have words.

Wait, no, I do . . . You can take the missionary discussions on facebook and scype now? wtf?

;o)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 10:27AM

Oh, my god, the possibilities with tech.

Imagine a Facebook site for temple movie where you can "like" the actors and leave comments.

Celestial Kingdom site where dreaded single adults can apply to be ministering angels to the Mormon hunk of their choice.

Why not--they already have LDS dating and roommate sites.

Or another Mormon-themed business Live Cam Proxy Dead Dunking. We get wet for your ancestors while you watch on live cam.

Skype Tithing Settlement meetings available for travelers....

Anagrammy

Posted by: charles, not logged in ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 09:45AM

I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 11:03AM

charles, not logged in Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just sayin'.

Coversions to Islam in this country actually *increased* in the aftermath of 9/11, so people converting after watching a musical doesn't surprise me!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 10:08AM

Give it a year. In the US, 50% of all converts stop attending within a year. Outside the US, it's 75%.

She seems close with her family and attends their church as well as the cult. She'll soon learn that this is not the way the Morg does business.

Wait outside, mom, while your daughter and son-in-law pledge their eternal allegiance to the Corporation of the President. You think she already told her family this particular Mormon practice?

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 10:53AM

I like how they all think that this one convert is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but yet they don't even consider the fact that hundreds and thousands would never join the church (possibly tens of thousands) over the issues presented in just the musical alone.

My good friends (Catholics) watched/loved the musical but found it more hilarious once I had to tell them that things like blacks not getting the priesthood were actual happenings. Once they discovered that and other truths, they're 100% never going to consider joining the church, and rightly so.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 11:05AM

Wait, if she liked the musical so much, why didn't she ask for the Book of Arnold?

Posted by: sillysally ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 11:12AM

The convert mentioned in the Deseret News isn't a new convert. This is an old story that the Morg revived in order to convince TBMs that their efforts in Great Britain are working. I remember reading about this convert back in July/August of last year.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 02:17PM

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 12:40PM

Let's all take comfort in knowing that when she learns the reality of the Mormon church's history, she'll be right here with us

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 12:42PM

Oooooh. Isn't that speshul.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 12:55PM

I am sure that there are some people that converted because of the BoM musical.

BUt that would only be looking at half the equation. To really understand the impact on conversions, one also needs to consider how many people did not because of the BoM.

Posted by: Leo Walsh ( )
Date: May 04, 2013 02:55PM

Someone should join the church after seeng the musical, get a big write up in the media. Then quit a month later with an even bigger media write-up about how they discovered it was a fraud. Anyone up for it?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.