Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JohnStockton12 ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 12:28AM

I'm so happy it's almost summer. It is my first summer since I've taken off my sacred magic underwear! No more pulling down the shorts so my garment line doesn't show! I can now Work outside and mow the lawn without a shirt! I can date a girl with a sexy bikini and not be judged! (except of course by my TBM friends and family).

During one summer, I remember the RSP in my singles ward telling her friends that I wasn't honoring my temple covenants because she had seen me a few times wearing a tank top because I was working out at the gym. It happened to be summertime and she thought that I was walking around like that. When I got word from one of her friends that She had said that I was fuming!

Just curious, in what ways have your summers been liberated now that your not a TBM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 12:32AM

Free Sundays baby. No guilt for not going to church, or even worse actually attending church. I get so much more done, get out and hike and stuff more. Its god damn fantastic.

Posted by: utchick33 ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 12:34AM

I agree with Jesuswants... I love the freedom of NOT having to sit my ass on a harder-than-shit pew and listen to the same thing over and over again. I love being able to sleep in and not care about if I have to get ready. And I really enjoy going out on places Sunday, it's nice that so many Mo's here stay inside :)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 12:57AM

You are going to LOVE it. So much more comfortable, especially when sleeping in next to nothing on a hot summer night. Getting to go to the lake or pool on Sunday and swim. Wearing clothes like tank tops (can't believe your RSP had the audacity to comment. Who the hail does she think she is?). Watching your Mormons roast in their multiple layers and "modest clothing." Iced tea and iced coffee on a hot day. Not having to sit through hours of hot, boring church meetings or do some lame calling when you could be enjoying a drink by the pool or barbequing.

Yeah, you are going to love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2013 12:58AM by CA girl.

Posted by: brothergalileo ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 01:52AM

OMG. Your thread title just reminded me of a mormon kids song... "Oh what will you do in the summertime"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.