Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:40PM

Following is the roster of speakers for our October 2013 Exmormon Foundation Conference, "PAST, PRESENT, AND POSSIBLE!" I hope you can join us for an enlightening and fun weekend! October 18-20, 2013, Doubletree Suites, Salt Lake City, Utah. More info a little later on our website, www.exmormonfoundation.org

TOM PHILLIPS,convert in 1969, and former Stake President of both the Birmingham and Coventry England Stakes. After many decades of dedicated service to the church, Tom was asked to come to the temple to receive the Second Anointing, making his Calling and Election Made Sure. It was the pinnacle of a life spent in service to the church. But even while he was still processing the enormity of the experience, circumstances brought him to experience his first doubts about the truthfulness of the Mormon gospel. Come to the Conference to hear the whole story!

CHRIS JOHNSON, producer of the YouTube channel "Ask Reality", a series of videos explaining some of those thorny questions one asks themselves as they start to process doubt, and ponder the idea of reality and of pure truth, and specifically the truth about Mormonism. www.youtube/askreality

MICAH MCALLISTER He will share some of the content of new book he is writing about the emotional and psychological challenges one faces while working their way out of Mormonism, and how those challenges impact life after Mormonism.

D. WILLIAM JOHNSON, videographer and producer of the "I Am an ExMormon" videos on Youtube. He will be chairing a panel with some of the people in those videos, and each of them (including D. William) will discuss the experience and how it impacted their lives, then and now. http://www.youtube.com/user/iamanexmormon

KAY BURNINGHAM, author of "An American Fraud - One Lawyer's Case Against Mormonism", a fascinating treatment of the real history of the church, and some of the legal issues that have been part of the Joseph Smith story and church history from the beginning.

NOTE: We are doing some rebuilding of the registration system on our site, so I'm waiting for that to be finished before posting the information about registering and the cost. Presently, the information about hotel rooms is already there. Feel free to contact me with any questions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 04:57PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:45PM

Looking forward to it!

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:51PM

Oct 18-20 I assume? Starting the Friday evening and going until Sunday mid-day like last year?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 05:07PM

October 18-20, 2013
Doubletree Suites

To reserve a room, call the hotel at 801.359.7800, and ask for the
reservation clerk. Do NOT call the national number -- they never have the
information.

Check the website in about a week for more complete information.

Please note that Sue and Susan I/S are two different people :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 05:08PM by Susan I/S.

Date: May 14, 2013 01:27AM

Yes, I'm sorry I left off the dates. Big boo boo. Thanks, Susan for filling in the information. I've been gone all day since posting that.

Date: May 14, 2013 01:32AM

Yes, Friday evening until about 1 PM on Sunday.

Posted by: dit ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 11:17PM

I would love to go to one of these conferences....one day.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 11:35PM

Please use lapel mics linked to the video this year and maybe a camera person who can get some tighter shots. I won't be able to make it but would like to be able to show my folks some talks.

If I ever make it to the US it will be for an exmo conference.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 11:59PM

+1

I too would love to make it to an exmo conference!

Date: May 14, 2013 01:38AM

We will do the very best we can with the volunteer people who are willing to spend the entire weekend tied down to their camera! :-) It would be too costly for us to hire a really professional videographer, so we have to depend on exmos with some experience who are willing to do it for us. Year before last we had a really big problem with the audio, but I believe last year's was much better. We always have the audio recordings available also, and they are usually pretty good. I do hope you can come some day. I feel "pained" when I read these comments about people wishing they could come. Truly.

Date: May 16, 2013 07:19PM

Topping!

Posted by: Trayzee ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 12:17PM

Is it possible to come to the conference for just a day? We live in Utah and may not be able to get babysitters for the whole weekend?

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 01:29PM

Yes, I have gone on Saturday and paid at the door for the last two years.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 04:04AM

My husband and I have been back to the conference many times because it's such a great experience.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 11:08PM

I am impressed with your roster of speakers. Alas, I won't be there. Well, unless I decide to divorce DH before then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.