Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 12:46AM

to substitute Obedience for pure, 'Christ-Like' love.

Because they won't admit to a difference, most of the rank-and-file doesn't recognize it's there; a comparison with Evangels makes this apparent.

they could have a membership who w/could serve others with Hearts & Minds as a part of the equation, rather than the check-off correlated style that's now de rigueur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cali sally ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 01:25AM

I totally agree that this is self-evident. Why don't the sheep even suspect what's happening to them? I still don't get that. I have some really intelligent friends still in the Morg and cannot for the life of me understand how they cannot see this. If there is an afterlife I want this question answered first.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 07:16AM

But if they admitted there was a difference, they'd lose their slaves.

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 07:19AM

The church’s militant focus on obedience was definitely one of the big concepts that got me realizing that the leadership was off course, and not even following their own scriptures anymore.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 09:06AM

Jesus' love was for the Father. Jesus came down to Fulfill the Law as an eternal sacrifice so that we could return to the Father. The Father loves us, but we cannot return unless, blahblahblah. Jesus' sacrifice was an act and an example to us of complete and willing obedience-you guessed it, to the Father.

Therefore, if we are to lead Christlike lives we will learn the art of perfect obedience to the Father as administered by anyone in any church setting who has authority or rank over us.

It is all about obedience and authority. If you need a blessing and you are a Bishop, you have to find someone in the StakePresidency or HighCouncil. If you are an EQPrez, you'll need to ask someone in the Bishopric. You cannot ask one of your councilors, or anyone in your Quorum.

I own the three volume set of Doctrines of Salvation, and not once is it determined that Jesus died or lived because He loved us. It was to make it possible for the Father to have his children return to his presence, and to set the perfect example of obedience.

Also, the concept of unconditional love has been declared a heresy, and that the fullness of Gods divine love cannot be given to those less obedient and worthy. Divine Love is highly conditional.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 10:10AM

Definitely as you say, choosing obedience and adherence to protocol over Christ-like love and charity. Especially charity. There is no charity in the Mormon church, either figuratively or literally.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.