Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 10:04AM

This is worth checking out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-milbank/post_996_b_749750.html

Not news to any of us, of course, but (hopefully) the kind of news that will alert the Christian community to what is really going on in the mind of Glen Beck.

In my humble opinion, people are scared. Things are tough in America, and too many are turning to Beck and other fear mongers to feed their fear, and transform it into hysterical anger. It is time to wake up. This prophet of doom is only out for profit and to see an asinine vision of Joseph Sith's theocracy realized in this country.

I really hope many Christians can realize they don't want to stand by a cult member and his apocalyptic garbage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 10:24AM by rogertheshrubber.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2010 10:50AM

Date: October 05, 2010 10:51AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 10:52AM by rogertheshrubber.

Posted by: tol ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 01:02PM

I read that - I love this exposure.

Posted by: sonoflds ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 01:08PM

Took em long enough.

Posted by: síóg ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 03:09PM

This story is gaining internet legs too. However I spotted one inaccuracy I think that should be corrected. Who is Charles Nibley. Millbank calls him the 'church's fifth leader', but he certainly wasn't president of TSCC.

Anyone want to correct that to forestall charges that he's not to be trusted because he got that wrong?

Date: October 05, 2010 03:14PM

I noticed that, too.

Date: October 05, 2010 03:20PM

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:57PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_W._Nibley

I sent the following message to the Huffington Post's "Correction or Typo" e-mail contact address:

"Correction on Article Entitled: 'Mormon Prophecy Behind Glenn Beck's Message'

"In your article on Glenn Beck and Mormon Prophecy, you refer to Charles Nibley as "the church's fifth leader." According to Wikipedia, he was actually the fifth PRESIDING BISHOP of the Mormon Church. There is an important distinction here; many Mormon nitpickers who read this article will try to discredit it based on this technicality.

"(And thank you for your coverage on this subject--please do all you can to further expose the sources of Mr. Beck[sic] true motivations!)

"Article link:

"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-milbank/post_996_b_749750.html";

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 07:20PM

Anyone see the video 'Beck goes nuclear on Tom Hanks' on that page?

The man is a bloody idiot! According to him, all the worlds military is run by the American army. He also brags about the USA being able to kill everybody on the planet 100 times over, as if its a good thing.

Also, he reckons the USA is the best country in the world. Obviously not a well travelled man; I can think of 6 countries off the top of my head I would sooner live in than the USA. No offense to anyone here.

Date: October 05, 2010 11:00PM

You probably didn't even read it. Very typical of a TBM to just call something an "attack" and pretend the discussion is over.

Does your bishop know you are here?

Posted by: tol ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 08:01AM

I wonder how Mitt feels. He will have to start distancing himself from Glen Beck - and minimize his mormon affiliation. More and more Mormons will resent him as he makes their religion look as crazy as it is.

And if the Christian Far Right run from him - he will soon be a hot dog vender - which is where he will thrive - selling cheap and awful food - just the physical manifestation of selling the cheap and awful bullshit he currently sells.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.