Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 18, 2013 09:41AM

Here are some observations:

My wife and I went to a Mexican joint in Spanish Fork and when the waitress asked us if we wanted another berr, the family at the table across from us (all wearing their BYU gear proud) gave me and my wife the stink eye.

After that, went to a high school for local high school competition. I young mother with a 18mo old child and pregnant, was there talking to friends. She sat down on a bench...turned her BACk to her 18 mo old child who was running around, and proceeded to happily talk/gossip with another woman. Her 18mo old child starting running off and started to go into the boys' locker room. My wife rounded up the small child, which upset the mother......

Thank god I don't live there....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: May 18, 2013 06:07PM

My kids are not perfect but I watch them, DH and I have now figured out we will have to shell out money to retain the lot behind us because, well they refuse to. It would not be a problem except for the near misses of small children falling into our yard (a good 5foot drop onto rocks) we do not want to be sued if one of the kids get hurt plus we would feel bad. We really need a fence but cant do anything until their side is retained or it will crash into our fence, So yes thank God you do not live in Happy Valley. (though I must say I love my neighbors on either side and across the street from us they make up for the rest)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 18, 2013 06:52PM

eldorado Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My kids are not perfect but I watch them, DH and I
> have now figured out we will have to shell out
> money to retain the lot behind us because, well
> they refuse to. It would not be a problem except
> for the near misses of small children falling into
> our yard (a good 5foot drop onto rocks) we do not
> want to be sued if one of the kids get hurt plus
> we would feel bad. We really need a fence but cant
> do anything until their side is retained or it
> will crash into our fence, So yes thank God you do
> not live in Happy Valley. (though I must say I
> love my neighbors on either side and across the
> street from us they make up for the rest)

Have you a warning sign? Might help.

Posted by: laytonguy ( )
Date: May 18, 2013 06:49PM

Nice post. Just a few hours ago while walking through walmart, I turned to my tbm and said "I f'ing hate living next to this many mormons.

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: May 18, 2013 10:37PM

Matt,
That is a good idea, I think we are just worried that one of the kids will get hurt.The parents know because we and another neighbor have stated the fears for they safety of the neighborhood children in general cutting through yards and playing on rock walls, no one really listens. the sign sounds perfect we never thought of that before. Thanks

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.