Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 05:38PM

I wonder what those ads cost? Just sayin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tara2 ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 05:56PM

drilldoc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what those ads cost? Just sayin.

A very good question indeed. Charing Cross is an interesting choice but plenty of prime advertising space has been bought across the transport network in London.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 08:02PM

Then add creative costs and production to that. Tithing dollars hard at work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 12:04PM by badseed.

Posted by: Tori ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 06:01AM

Outside of central London, in a small underground station one 2'x3' poster space costs 1200 pounds (so $1600?) a week (or did 18 months ago) They have spent TENS of MILLIONS for that month. As a nevermo friend of mine said 'you can tell they're a cult from how much money they must have and that you never see posters advertising that methodists are normal and happy'
IMHO it's all for the benefit of keeping the London members (who are constantly experiencing shifting ward boundaries) believing that they are ever growing.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 07:49AM

They want people to scrub their own toilets while they take the tithing to spend on PR campaigns.

If I were to donate to a church, I would expect building maintenance to be one of the first things they use my money for, and PR campaigns one of the last.

If I were asked to scrub toilets and then saw these ads on the Metro, I would be pretty ticked off.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 11:55AM

I agree. This is one of those things that scream "something is not right!"

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:07PM

Very effective advertising while waiting for the tube.They've done their research.

Posted by: ballzac ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:08PM

Found it funny the first gal interviewed said she would probably go to Google to learn more. That's the last thing the church wants, hehe.

Posted by: JamesM ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 07:10PM

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 06:55PM

Anyone else think the screen in the background from 2:59 onwards was added in later? It even moves weirdly when the camera moves at around 3:13

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 05:39AM

lol, true.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 08:06PM

It was not a real reporter, just a mobot. They only posted positive comments, and those interviewed were probably paid.

All that money wasted. Just think how many wells could have been dug in Africa and India.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 08:08PM

I wonder how many people they had to interview to find people who had good things to say about the ads?

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 28, 2013 08:11PM

The music makes it sound like they're taking over!

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 06:10AM

look at the same video on youtube and see some of the comments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y50ZG9-Kugc

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 07:26AM

ROTFL is this a troll??

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, aka Mormon church, is the most true of all the churches I have investigated. The truth, as well as the Mormon church, does not need defending. As in the past, those who are intent on attacking and destroying it will someday be dead but the Mormon church will continue to prosper and bless lives with the truthfulness of the gospel. Instead of arguing, it would be better to let others believe as they feel in their heart, and to get busy doing good.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 11:27AM

Just enough to cover the health insurance for workers at the DI.

Posted by: esias ( )
Date: May 29, 2013 01:57PM

Moan moan rant rant adverts spoiling my karma get out the spraypaint what a waste of tithing not happy moan moan dribble dribble just wait till I bump into a newscrew blah blah upchuck upchuck rant moan scream ban the cult what a bunch of Gareth Hunts. And anothing thing ...

Mr Angry

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 08:29AM

It's the One True Church, and there is a prophecy saying that humans will flock to it from all corners of the earth. Why do they need to advertise in London?

Posted by: copostmo ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 09:53AM

The reporter asks, “So, why is the Church growing so rapidly?”

Answer: The Church is not growing rapidly. As a percentage of world population, Church membership has been shrinking for several years now. This is blatantly dishonest propaganda.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:40PM

"Of the 15 million you claim as members, how many turn up to Sacrament meeting on a Sunday?"

"Who decided that it was better to spend all that money (£ millions)on the I'm A Mormon Campaign rather than use it to feed the starving children in Africa; and do you believe that is the same decision Jesus Himself would have reached"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 12:41PM by Stumbling.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.