Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 10:56PM

So I was out in my driveway washing an incredible amount of mud off some off-road equipment after hunting this morning and who should approach but two young missionaries in short sleeve white shirts. As I was up to my elbows in mud and wielding a power washer they approach me and stand there waiting for me to shut down my equipment to talk to them. What on earth gives them the idea that its okay to interrupt me when I am clearly busy with something? For any of you RM's on here, is this taught at their little sales school or were these two just a particular brand of asshole? I did what I could to get them out of my driveway and off my ass without being a dick but man that just aggravates me to no end. I am not sure where they got the idea that people are going to be receptive to their message after they rudely intrude on them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 11:00PM

"Hey hey hey, this guy is not inside! We can talk to this guy and it won't be through a door! It's so exciting to talk to someone face to face that it doesn't matter if he's busy, we'll happily wait to talk to this guy because we can see his face! Woo!"

Date: May 30, 2013 11:05PM

Ha, that pretty well sums up the looks on their face. It was a bit like kids on xmas morning. I was dressed in something a TBM would never wear so I am sure they realized they had found one of the few non-mo's in the entire neighborhood.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 11:03PM

That reminds me of how the local bishop dropped in on me to visit one evening. I was just finishing watching a sports game and it was the end of the game and the score was close. The bishop noticed me glancing at the tv while he was trying to talk to be so then he says "Can you turn that off?"

Date: May 30, 2013 11:07PM

Wow, "can you turn that off" in your own home. I would have unleashed an unbelievable string of profanity at that request.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 11:16PM

I said no and he was offended.

DipWad didnt realize he was being offensive first.

Mormons think that because "the church is true" the end justifies the means.

Posted by: alphonso ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 12:16AM

I hometeach a family who LOVE the Packers with zeal. I was told if I come over while a packer game is on, I have to wait.

I told them no problem. I'd watch the game with them and hang out. Have fun.

Posted by: anon for now ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 11:04PM

As a missionary I was basically told to not take "no" for an answer, unless they threatened to call the police, pulled a gun on me, etc.

Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: May 30, 2013 11:23PM

+1. We're saving souls! We have to be "bold" to get the message across!

Posted by: Xq ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 05:41AM

Such behavior would just encourage me to call the police. What a nuisance.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 12:22AM

a bunch of us used to get together at oh-dark-thirty on Saturday morning to play basketball at the church. Occasionally, the missionaries would show up, too. Unfortunately, they had this silly (aka stupid) rule that they could only play half-court, not full court. So... when the two of them showed up, the rest of us were committed to a half court game.

One dark Saturday morning I suggested that "those two" stay on one half of the court while we played the whole thing. The senior missionary got all huffy and puffy and told me how they were the Lord's annointed and that we were supposed to oblige them. (The junior comp was willing to play full-court all along.) So... I said "Well, it's not worth it for me to play half-court, so you guys have fun." The huffy missionary decided he would study instead.

Yeah, those guys really think they're important.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 03:49PM

I had one little asshole told me, in no uncertain terms, when I addressed him as "Michael," that it was "ELDER." I said, "Look son, I ain't a member of your cult. You can be 'Michael,' or you can be 'hey you,' or 'hey asshole.' Your choice." Sanctimonius little prick. Thank God the old guy missionary says to me, right in front of the little asshole, "I'm Keith." Just to show him that even Mormons think he's a little prick.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: June 03, 2013 10:48PM

Was he even older than you? Because you could've pulled that on him. "Why should I call you elder when I'm yours?"

Date: May 31, 2013 04:12AM

Wait. You had unwelcome missionaries AND an active power washer and failed to do the math?

Date: May 31, 2013 10:37AM

I can honestly say I really considered giving them an "accidental" spray but as its the first time in years missionaries have approached me I couldn't justify it. Now, if they start harassing me on the reg, I will be sure to start keeping the washer handy when I am out in the yard.

Date: May 31, 2013 03:42PM

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm kinda hoping they annoy you. A lot.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 04:35AM

The morg goal is for mishies to harshly judge those they bother and call them rude. But they don't mind their own rudeness every day, all day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2013 08:40AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: satanslittlehelper ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 10:03AM

So one day we are selling jeebus door to door and stumble upon a guy who is butchering a large pig for his daugter's confirmation celebration. THe critter is hanging by the hocks and the guy is VERY CAREFULLY cutting it open to prepare it for the feast. My idiot companion figures the poor fellow is a captive audience so he launches into the standard sales pitch. As the guy is begining the butchering process, he accidentially slices a little too deep and a small loop of intestines bulges out...NOW this is my clue to step back, WAY BACK. Elder Dimbulb keeps going. They guy who may have had a few celebratory cocktails goes back to the task at hand with is VERY sharp knife. He nicks that hunk of intestines and a shit storm of epic proportions was unleased. It looked like the two of them were hit by a fire hose of slime. I have no idea what the guy did but my companion rode all the way home with little but his eyes showing and clothes that he threw away.

Yes friends we represent the lard jebbus christ and we have a message for YOU...ah crap

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 02:27PM

One rude mishie got his due.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 02:43PM

That should read: "One rude mishie got his 'doo.'"

:)

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 10:26PM

That is one hilarious story. You should be sure to write that down for any future generations that may consider being mormon.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 02:53PM

well given the HUGE = HUGE!!!!!!!!! interruption that a full time mission is on young person's life, as LDS inc feels SOOOOOOOO entitled to impose on young MORmON members, putting off some one else's lawn mowing, car washing, whatever, does NOT even register
as any kind of imposition.

LDS Inc is made up of people who feel entitled to
hold your family hostage in eternity to take everything that you own, and you wonder if they are concerned about interrupting you as you wash your truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfK01jXUzpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LA_Eusla4o

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: May 31, 2013 10:05PM

I think this is pretty common. I don't see much of the missionaries anymore, but back when they were trying to re-convert me, they would always seem to find me when I was outside working and ask me if I would mind stopping what I was doing to talk to them (they were never really dicks about it, but you could tell that they thought what they had to say should take higher priority than the work I was doing). I invited them inside a few times to chat and have a glass of water, and usually they always asked me to turn off my TV or music.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.