Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: student ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:58AM

After a couple I tend to blurt out statements like:

I'll stop making fun of your underwear when you stop voting my civil rights away!

or

Tokens for sale! Cheap!

Even if no one is around who understands. I can't help it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: trufflelily ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 06:49AM

Alcohol lowers our inhibitions, and that allows the "stuff" that is simmering inside to come to the surface and be expressed. It sounds like you have anger at the church--a lot of us here do. Time heals. Best of wishes to you

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:16AM

Even though I joke about excessive drinking sometimes (I grew up in the south, I'm the walking equivalent of a country music lyricist), my reality is a two-drink limit on myself on those evenings I drink. That limit keeps me honest...

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:19AM

There are too many alcoholics in my family. My brother has caused my parents a lot of grief and pain because of it. So even if I had never been a Mormon, I'm convinced I still would never have been a drinker. I had kind of made that decision before I was even baptized.

I have really addictive tendencies too, so I kind of recognize that in myself and keep away from things I'd really rather not be addicted to. I have a difficult enough time with my chocolate addiction. LOL Well, it's no joke really, but just another topic entirely.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:10AM

I've been a little relaxed (two drinks will do that for me and I think I've actually had three drinks in an evening once or twice) but never drunk.

I'm with Greyfort -- too much alcoholism in my family, plus I don't like the taste of most alcohol. I only drink sweet stuff if I'm going to drink.

Greyfort, do you have a book addiction too? Some of my book addiction has been channeled into the computer but I am still definitely addicted to books. (And I feel your chocolate pain too. I'm a chocolate binger.) :D

Posted by: Archie de Bunker ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:16AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.