Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:46PM

So, I got to thinking today and TSCC is asking for donations to the missionary fund to send these kids out. They claim there are a lot more missionaries going out from poorer countries and the church needs to support them because they can't pay for it themselves when their jobs are helping pay for their families to eat. So the church sending them on missions is taking food out of their families mouths. Then I was reading another post about how much money you save buying regular underwear versus garments. So with all the little things they ask us to donate to, I'm actually kind of surprised tscc doesn't have a garment fund. You know, for those people in poorer countries who need help paying for their underwear after selling their teeth to build a temple and then walk for three days to get there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:05AM

That is an excellent point.
Say, you're a convert from XYZeria and can barely afford to cover your shame...and now you are supposed to go through the temple, to go on a mission.
(Provided you stayed in the Borg for more than a week or two.)
You're already giving your 10% of chickens, goat's milk and sugar beets to the church, which means 10% less to feed your family with or sell for mosquito nets and malaria pills.
So, how do you afford the pricey and poorly constructed temple gear? You always have the option of foregoing mosquito nets and malaria pills for those precious temple uglies. Sure, the kids you're supporting are all going to die, but that's okay, they're all going to be sealed to you in heaven...but that's not until the next time you give far more than you reasonably can in order to go through the temple.

Well, if you live that long...

Date: June 06, 2013 08:35AM

Yeah...because it doesn't matter what happens to you in this life. Everything will work out in the next. BUT in this life, you have to go on a mission, you have to pay your 10% and you HAVE to wear your garments. This church is maddening.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 09:08AM

Wait, I just thought of something. Most guys don't go to the temple, until right before their mission. Going at eighteen instead of 19 means one more year that you have to buy holy undies until you either die or leave the church. That has got to be a huge revenue generator for the church.

Well you know what they say, Mormonism is a underwear corporation posing as a religion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2013 09:09AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 09:22AM

we've talked about the younger (less mature) age for missionaries... but has there been talk about those "fresh out of high school" kids going to the temple, and the trauma that that entails? And a lot more "sisters" are going to be covenanting to obey husbands they don't have....

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 09:15AM

...especially for people with little money. I remember how very difficult it was to buy garmies back when I was young married. I even had to wear the onesies a lot longer than I needed to because I couldn't afford to go out and buy five pair of two-piecers at one time and I couldn't do laundry every day. I was lucky to be able to buy one pair every other month. Hubby wanted two-piecers too and his seemed to be a priority. I would walk past the underwear isle in Walmart and think how nice it would be to be able to go in and buy real undies for cheap.

Date: June 06, 2013 03:42PM

Ok, so I just spoke to my sister in law and apparently there IS a fund for garments. It's a temple fund that pays for people to go to the temple, travel expenses and 8 pairs of G's. Her SP was asking people to donate to it two weeks ago during their stake conference. I wonder if they have to pay that back, like the perpetual education fund?

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 05:12PM

The debt could last longer than the undies.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:49PM

When Members need something , they are supposed to rely on faith.

When LDS (MORmON Jesus) inc needs something they rely on what ever Money that the MORmON members happen to have.

When MORmON members need something, they can be put off indefinitely, when LDS Inc needs something they want the MONEY RIGHT DAMN NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6uRp_Jxdps

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.