Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anona ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 10:47PM

I'm just feeling incredibly alone today & don't really have anyone to talk to. So here's my short-list of complaints feel free to add yours too..

I currently have a mile long list of health issues.

I am stuck living in a poor/rural/LDS-dominated town.

I'm tired of only being able to have superficial conversations with my family, "friends", & spouse, since my disaffection.

I have a mediocre job complete with low pay & co-workers that won't work, come & go as the please, & have a thing for drama.

Being in a struggling marriage to someone I have little in common with. Who solves problems by either ignoring them, or blowing up completely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 10:50PM

I'm sorry. There are a few poor/rural/LDS-dominated towns near me, too.

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: June 09, 2013 11:24PM

I'm sorry you're feeling down.

((HUGS))

Posted by: anona ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 12:54AM

Thank you for the sympathy!!! It's been a long week & a very long day today. I'm feeling a little better just getting it out.

(btw.. please ignore the bad grammar in the other post. I'm trying to type on my kindle)

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 01:08AM

My lifelong best friend, who lives about three states away, is hospitalized and in very poor health. For decades, she has been the one I vented my innermost thoughts to (DH gets a lot of them too, but not ALL of them. Some things, you just can't tell spouses. And I'm NOT talking about infidelity or anything along that line.)

She has no access to a computer, so we can no longer email daily, as we have for years. I call a few times a week, but she sounds so terribly drained, and of course, in a hospital, there are constant interruptions going on all the time. I feel so hollow and lost without her. So I totally understand your need to vent!

It's such a good thing that we are here for each other, in this community!

Take care and I hope that things start looking better for you.

Posted by: nomo28 ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 01:10AM

I'm in Vegas right now and my bf back home (who is significantly older than me) is being an insecure asshole!! I got here Friday, and he ruined my vacation within the first few hours of me being here! We are now on the phone arguing when I could be downstairs trying to make some money!! He is on the phone right now with me saying I obviously don't love him enough because I don't call his ass every five minutes! If I had more money, I would punch a hole in the wall right now!!

Posted by: theGleep ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 02:42PM

nomo28 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm in Vegas right now and my bf back home (who is
> significantly older than me) is being an insecure
> asshole!! I got here Friday, and he ruined my
> vacation within the first few hours of me being
> here! We are now on the phone arguing when I
> could be downstairs trying to make some money!!
> He is on the phone right now with me saying I
> obviously don't love him enough because I don't
> call his ass every five minutes! If I had more
> money, I would punch a hole in the wall right
> now!!

That sounds like someone auditioning for a new relationship (I believe the term is "showing his ass").

What does this tell you about his priorities? Where do you fit - how much longer do you want to be in that place? Do you think it will ever change?

Posted by: nomo28 ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 10:05PM

We had a very long discussion when I got home. Yes, I can see the flags of controlling, but I don't think he fully realizes how independent I am. When we have arguments, I will admit when I am wrong, and I use logic in everything. I do love the guy, I just don't love his insecurities... I think I am different than other women he has dated/married and he doesn't know how to handle my personality just yet. I'm going to give it a few more months to see if we can learn each other a little better, but if it keeps going downhill... I'm out!

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 07:39PM

That's a bad sign of a very controlling man. It can only get worse.

Posted by: Anon this time, regular poster ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 06:59PM

I just found out that the very personable neighbor behind me is an Ex con. When I first moved in he offered to do some work for me. Luckily,I declined. He's told me, over the fence, of paranoid delusions he has of people trying to follow him and poison him. His hobby is knife throwing, in his back yard. And he is good! Sometimes, he'll stand there and look at his weapon with a far off creepy look. He also happens to be a sibling of one of the most evil killers the U.S. has ever had, who used knives on his victims. I thought of that article someone posted, called 'The Sociopath Next Door."

Be Very careful when moving into a new neighborhood. You never know who is watching you.

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 07:45PM

That's right, you never know. I have a new neighbor who's pulled a gun on a prowler and threatened (loudly) twice to pull it on his friends/family during arguments in the last few weeks, once bragging to the hapless threat-ee that he has over 1600 rounds of ammunition. Right under my bedroom window. But I think I'll take that over the paranoid brother of a known killer. :)

Posted by: markyd ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 07:59PM

My wife and I finally finished college last year. We make pretty good money, but we are poor. We literally can't save a dime because our student loan payments are more than our mortgage. So depressing. I feel so trapped. :(

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 08:02PM

I have an eating disorder. I won't say which one it is, but I definitely know the roots of it are based in my being BIC.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 08:27PM

in front of the house I'm renting. The house I left had tremendous shade trees front and back yard= just a stalker neighbor of twelve years was hoppinginto people's back yards including mine running from police, wouldn't take no for an answer when asked if we would do a threesome with him (I didn't want two men) and then literally broke the fence down trying to peep at my spouse & self. That and the two men in norteno and sudeno Mexican gangs posting RIP graveyards on the front lawn every Halloween in the opposing gang's color- their neighbor across the street- and picking up their mail throw their arms up "whats'up" "let's go" "oh you wanna be like that" posturing like primates- walking across my lawn making hostile gestures at each other to go to the neighborhood mail boxes. But I miss the shade. All those unpleasant people, heh, home emptying when the new neighbor went to work another moving truck pulled up and empties their stuff drives away and the man next door stalking everyone he let him. Much nicer neighbors here but no shade. I miss the shade.
: ( three drive bys within three miles the past week. a lady and little kid shot inside their own houses this weekend. Husband says we're ok because THIS house has bricks four feet up, plus the bedroom is in the back of the house and HE says bullets have to go through three walls plus bricks to get to us, where as in our OLD house it was just drywall. Husband says with all the stuff we've got piled up in the garage bullet will never make it into the kitchen so just go ahead and cook for him anyways.
Here's another zinger: Just had the yard & house sprayed for bugs kids say these new cockroaches can fly. I am NOT in for that.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: June 12, 2013 10:17PM

Yes to OP's number 3 and 5. Let's add more:
1) Just now Husband argued why gay marriage should not be legalized. It will open the door to marrying underage girls and cousins. The prejudice made me sick.
2) Missionaries just knocked on my door. Indoctrinating my young daughter with lesson 3.
FML sometimes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 10:19PM by snuckafoodberry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.