Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:07AM

This isn't my own experience but from what I remember my seminary teacher saying awhile back. He was talking about a friend, and he could tell he fell away because *gasp* he wasn't wearing his garments. Well his assumption was right, and it's just gosh. A man isn't wearing his garments, leave him be!!

Just putting that out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 08:10AM

Yeah, maybe he had an accident and had to throw them away. Lol!

Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:36AM

been there, done that.

I was on a road trip for work and had a small accident. I bought new pants at walmart, but just threw the garment bottoms away. That night I had Institute (I was called to work with the choir). Taught that night commando.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:07AM

Methinks seminary teacher has it backward. People don't lose their test monkey from not wearing garments, they stop wearing them when the test monkey gets sick.

Mine used to tell us all kinds of crazy stuff. The thing about these folks is that they are usually not even trained teachers, but people called by the Bishop after a long and desperate search for somebody to accept this onerous calling. That person is free (and sort of expected) to say anything they want as long as it makes the church look true.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 09:12AM

That also includes the Bishops/ stake presidents etc. None or very few of them have actual professional training in teaching or counseling, making them useless. I can't tell you how many clueless mormon church leaders I've run in to.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 11:08AM

Or you get the professional CES guys...you know, the payed clergy for the lay church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.