Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LEELA ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 06:05AM

My dad was a good man. (my mom not) But this is about him & how he spend his life for tscc. He sent my bro. on a mission only to get back a sick & broke boy. Than came the medical bills. He took a second out on his home to pay tithing to see his only daughter get married in the temple. He gave his time and talents training the missionaries. He paid for mothers day flowers for the ward.He did all he could. Deep in dbt he lost the house and died a year later. Some say it was suicide! !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 07:16AM

How sad for your mother.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 08:12AM

that's heartbreaking!

Date: June 16, 2013 09:48AM

Thankyou. Yeah she was devastated! He hadnt been able to keep up his life insurance,so when he died; She HAD NOTHING. He was a very old fashioned .an & wouldnt allow her to work outside of the home. So she came to live w/us for a while & my bro.. But we were all thrown by the whole thing!

Date: June 16, 2013 09:52AM

ITS BEEN OVER TWEENTY YEARS. But I feel there still a ripple affect. He always taught us to beleive in the church (no matter what)I dont think it ever occured to him that the church wouldnt believe in us, or be there for us.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: June 16, 2013 10:05AM

I am sure he was thinking God would make things right, that he would send blessings for these acts of faith.

Your father is a sad victim of a cult which teaches that if you give them everything, God will compensate for the natural consequences.

Well, he doesn't. The rain falls on the just and unjust the same. If you give the LDS church the money you should have paid for your life insurance, you leave your dependents a life in poverty. That's called reality and is not taught in Mormonism.

Your father sounds like a decent man. If he took his own life, it was because he could not face the shame of God not "showering" him with financial blessings because of his generosity.

Your dad is joining many others who have died for their faith. I call them the Mormon Murders because their extreme belief in a CULT ended up killing them. Young people who commit suicide because they masturbate or are gay. Women raising too many children who are constantly hammered on to do more with less. Mothers with mental issues whose husbands are gone for long periods on church assignments. And your dad's category, those who have given and given until there is nothing left--therefore, no more usefulness.

So sorry for your loss. If you are religious, it might help to picture your Dad arriving into heaven with a cheering section of ancestors and angels. He was a good guy and deserves the ticker tape parade.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.