Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 06:10PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Vodka-Watermelon

It seems this is all the rage in Florida, and may go a long way to explaining why my state has its own tag on the Fark news link sight.

Funny thing, I had never heard of anyone doing this until after I left the church, and now I find out it is extremely popular. Has anyone heard of it being done outside of Florida?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 06:14PM

Here is the "South of the Border" version ... the Margarita Watermelon. Ole'

http://www.tazadechocolate.blogspot.com/2008/07/adult-watermelon-for-summers-day.html

Date: June 17, 2013 06:16PM

Great idea. Oh and I love your name. If you are ever in my neck of the woods we will have to swap wicked fruit.

Date: June 17, 2013 07:33PM

That should have read swap forbidden fruit.

Posted by: happyhollyhomemaker ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 06:31PM

Oh awesome!
Next family party, I'm going to make this into agua fresca and float frozen grapes in it.
Thanks for posting manita!

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 06:15PM

My friend does that for her summer BBQ's here in good ol' Utar.

Yummy :)

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 06:51PM

We (We being the less than stellar children of generally TBMs) used to do this back in the early/mid 80s in good old southern Utah quite often although we used very large Hypodermic needles to do the job.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 07:06PM

Excellent! Here's a toast to ForbiddenCokeDrinker, HappyHollyHomemaker, and to everyone on RFM. Happy summer everybody!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 10:58PM

I've done something like that when I was in college, specifically at Spring Break in Lake Havasu. The other big thing was jungle juice which did have chopped melons in it, so by the time you were finished with the drink, you had very alcoholic fruit to eat.

I personally like brandied apricots, made from dried apricots put in a mason jar, and brandy added.

Posted by: lastofthewine ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 11:25PM

Oh yeah, jungle juice. Nasty to drink but does the proverbial job now, eh?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 11:20PM

Absolutely dangerous.....kinda reminds me of a couple "Yukafutz" parties (wide mouth gallon jar filled with fruit-add vodka till full-in the freezer for 2 days-enjoy) I subjected myself to 40+ years ago....didn't know I was capable of getting that drunk without passing out.....

Ron Burr

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 11:23PM

When I met my BIC husband he told me he'd always wanted to "spike a watermelon at a TSCC church picnic."

He won't drink at all...that's okay, but we all got a kick out of him recently when we were gathered for a family event and I got him to try a sip of Baileys! His comment "I can see why people would like drinking this." He declined anymore than a sip...it left more for us. He's a true cherry picking Mormon who feels the church is corrupt.

Thank you for the reminder....now which would be better with watermelon???? Vodka, Tequilla, Brandy, ????

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 11:28PM

I forgot to mention.....He would have used a syringe! Then it could be cut open and served and no one would know it'd been tampered with.

The only negative fall out is: people on medication that cannot have alchohal at all.....it reacts with their medicine.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: June 18, 2013 12:17AM

When I was in high school, late 1950's, the rage was to shoot up oranges with vodka using a syringe. The oranges were eaten at school. Big whoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.