Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 11:50AM

Is been just over two months since Grant Palmer released info that he had been meeting with a member of the Q70 and a former MP who no longer believed.

Has their been any other info on this since that original revelation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: barbarbar ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:06PM

And I've wondered whether LDS Church security has been following lower-level GA's a bit more than usual, trying to figure out who doesn't really believe?

Or on the other hand, whether the whole thing was approved by the highest potentates of the church?

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 02:00PM

I'm sure if there's any progress on the story, this forum will be talking about it non-stop lol.

But really, if this story is really true, I think about how hard it was to tell people I didn't believe, imagine having to do that as a GA. It would ruin his life. So if this person does exist, it might be years until he's ready to be public about this, if ever at all.

Also, it's different as a GA. When I left the church, I knew hundreds of non-mormons. As a GA, his entire family probably is mormon, he's probably cut off contact with all non-mormons since he's been devoting his life to the church, he'll have absolutely nobody to turn to. So if this story is true, I don't expect an announcement from that GA any time soon tbh.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 02:06PM

Why would they care? The Church is all about form and appearance. Substance and essence has no meaning in a FBS organization (Full Blown Scam).

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 02:11PM

I've been wondering too. That story didn't pass the sniff test, and it seems to have gone away. I wish Grant Palmer hadn't told that story. It casts a bad light on the really great things he has accomplished.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 02:19PM

Not all 70's are GA's. Only the first two quorums and the presidency.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.