Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: as-if ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:08PM

About the meeting tomorrow. I think this is something for the family that we will be talking about for years to be able to say 20-40 years from now: “Remember, we were there with the Saints! We saw it live! ” don’t miss this live broadcast at your stake center or wherever you can see it live. I watched as President "x" was inspired to change our ward meeting times to accommodate being able to see the live broadcast, even before the brethren suggested to do so. It is that important to see. As you will see. And Jared, I know that there are many that are in your shoes that are out of the country or at work or for whatever reason indisposed to be able to see the broadcast. The Spirit will be in your heart as sure as when you received testimony in any other time, if you are not able to see the live broadcast, but will see it some other time.

I know that the church and authority is and has been restored to the earth and where we live. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet strong in the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am excited for our family to be witness of what is going on! Let’s take advantage of our privileges, and let’s not be like the passenger on the one cruise ship who spent the entire voyage unaware the food and events were complementary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:36PM

Oh Boy!!!!! YeeeHaawww!!! It's so BIG!!

We'll be remaniscing about being there when the announcement was made about . . .nothing in particular. . .

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 05:57PM

Was he talking about the bologna sandwiches and poptarts that were served on the Carnival Splendor a couple years ago?

I have a feeling this meeting is going to be quite forgetful.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 06:01PM

Reply - Joseph Smith lied to people so he could take teen girls as wives. Send him info on Helen Mar Kimball with excerpts of her diary. Ask him if his holy ghost told him pedophilia is ok.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 08:48PM

Probably just excited the gerontocracy managed to rouse itself to do something.

Posted by: mindog ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 04:04AM

I just remember when they started broadcasting temple dedications to chapels a while back and was somewhat surprised by how banal they were. I expected some sort of spiritual response, but all I ever felt was mildly goofy.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 05:21AM

You should join your dad in getting really excited about this. Make this a special family event, somehow, by inviting everyone over to your house in advance, to discuss how your lives will be changed forever. Then, when everyone is stuck with having to discuss nose piercing a or a mandatory temple attendance, your dad will be embarrassed as heck.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 05:53AM

They are probably going to announce that the world really did end last December on the Mayan Calendar and we are all just lost ghosts and zombies wandering around because we do not do enough missionary work.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 06:04AM

Interesting choice of a phrase, "restored to the earth and where we live." Does your dad not live on earth? :)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:24AM

Its like little Jimmy popping that paper bag at the picnic was the greatest show on earth.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 08:32AM

"OMG, I was there with the saints when... Oh, is that all? Never mind."

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 11:40AM

Oh, this brings back an embarrassing memory. When I was a BYU student, just new in the church, we had an announcement from our BYU branch president that Erza Taft Benson, the President of the Quorum of the Twelve, had a message just for us. Well, we were all a-buzz with speculation: Are we returning to Missouri (never mind I'd never been to Missouri to start)? Is is a new revelation? On and on.

Well, as it turned out, our branch president had pieced together passages from some ETB's talks that were relevant to us and asked him to record them, which EBT was kind enough to do. When we excitedly gathered very early on that Sunday morning, he played the tape for us. On the one hand it was a cool experience and I appreciated how much trouble our branch president and EBT went to for us; on the other hand I recognized I had just had my emotions manipulated. It was one of those moments that planted a question mark in my mind.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 11:55AM

Thus say-ith the lord, the almighty, he who is over all, even the great universe, the one who breathed the life into Adam and created all, the wise and all powerful, like unto the sun, the one without end and without beginning, clothed in glory and might, I say unto, spread forth the word by commandment, because he said so, or else, (takes a breath), you can double dunk your Oreos.

Posted by: Testimonyman ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 01:44PM

Because the broadcast was scheduled so early in the day and interferes with regular block schedules goes to show this wasn't very well thought out in the beginning. Therefore there is no doubt this wont be anything to exciting. It was really just a rally pep talk for all the new missionaries and MPs. Everybody got a little too excited and they extended the invite to all interested. Then the wondered why they didn't just do it at 7pm. It wasn't done at 7pm because it wasn't planned at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.