Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LEELA ( )
Date: June 22, 2013 11:39PM

When I am dealing w/the shunning I remind myself of a story I heard about the salem witch trials. It seems the sherriff accused a successful man of witch craft. according to salem law. It a person confesses their land is up for grabbs. If they dont confess,the kids get it. The sherriff arranged for the man to have a board w/stones place on top. Ea.time they demanded a confession he said "MORE STONES" Over & over. "More stone!" The man did die. His name was intact & his kids got the land. 4me its inspiring!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vh65 ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 02:03AM

One of my ancestors lost his wife in that frenzy - he was a rich doctor and people wanted their property. He and the kids moved away right after - very sad. I don't know who is shinning you or why, but be strong and find new friends. Maybe you should think about moving as well, if you can.

Posted by: LEELA ( )
Date: June 23, 2013 02:24AM

Members of TSCC are. I even heard the announcement from the pulpits! (cuz i visited what would have been my ward!). Ive moved 40times in the last 20yrs. And Im sick of it!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.