Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: emma ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 09:00AM

So the morg wants to come after our part member families and inactive families. Lets fight back. I would be really grateful if someone could provide some pamphlets that have real church history, for example a list of js wiv are es with ages and quotes about how they were coerced/manipulated into marrying him. I have seen the christian ones they put out to witness to mormons, but they are not really what i was looking for. I really, really want to make sure that this new stalking program bites them in the butt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:43AM

I'm thinking a pamphlet from one of their very own witnesses to their Book of Mormon ... David Whitmer . Powerful stuff .

Posted by: hardjourney ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:45AM

Sounds good, perhaps we can drop them off while visiting teaching, maybe with a sample of coffee or a bottle of wine.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 08:47AM

Why doesn't the non member part/less active just say no, mean no, and enforce no?

Date: June 25, 2013 11:13AM

Handing out pro truth literature to people coming by my house does enforce no. How many people are going to come back and keep bugging us if we turn around and use their own tricks against them. Its a good solution.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:00AM

This page by itself is good:
http://www.wivesofjosephsmith.org/

The stories included are even better. I was very affected by the Zina Huntington and Helen Kimball stories.

The Letter to a CES Director has some pages that would make good pamphlets to pass out, like pages 19, 21-23, 32, 39.

http://mormonthink.com/personalstories/A_Letter_to_a_CES_Director.pdf

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:04AM

For a Mormon who is a good researcher and curious, this polygamy timeline could be interesting to show them and let them check the facts on:

http://www.i4m.com/think/polygamy/JS_Polygamy_Timeline.htm

Date: June 25, 2013 11:10AM

These are all really good ideas, thanks!

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 11:54AM

The Tanner bookstore also has tons of pamphlets. They are former Mormon turned Christian, but most of their stuff is historical, not Biblical crap.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 12:03PM

Perhaps a summary of Steve Hassan's rubrics on how to identify a mind-control cult. It is an objective source that does not specifically shout out "Mormons!! This is you!", so they may not reject it completly out of hand and direct "anti" material. It becomes difficult to deny the obvious correlation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.