Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:14PM

If you count how many times he said Jesus and multiply it by ten, I'm pretty sure it equals how nervous he was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 04:15PM by fidget.

Date: June 25, 2013 12:45PM

I think he just kept repeating the jesus and god memes over and over because he's mentally conditioned himself to use those little sayings to clear his brain, to be able to focus solely on the wire, his feet, the pole, and his breathing. He's using the jesus platitudes to keep his brain in a zen buddhist state.

Go figure.

It's funny that right at the end of the walk, when he was 100' from the canyon wall, that he finally thanked the discovery channel, instead of jesus.

And really, as a proclaimed agnostic, I don't get it: If you choose to put your life in danger like this gentleman does, purposefully, does he really get to invoke god's helping hand to calm the winds and steady the wire?

Guess so.

Seems strange.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 12:46PM by schlock.

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:00PM

THANK YOU JESUS, for spending so much time protecting me as I cross this canyon on a wire that tornados continue to kill, thousands of kids starve to death every day and child molesters run free.....

Could there be any statement more self serving and arrogant than "Jesus is watching over ME" ??

Date: June 25, 2013 02:36PM

How many children died of cholera during the 25 minutes that he was "on the wire"?

Guess jeebus forgot about them...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.