Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: licoricemoratorium ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:19PM

When we were waiting for my son to come out after graduation, my father-in-law got an email on his phone that said DISCIPLINARY COUNCIL as the heading. I could see this clearly because he has a Jitterbug senior citizen phone with 5 font size or something. My husband and I, both ex-Mormons, standing there.

He became animated with either glee or schadenfreud or Important Man Syndrome or some other emotion and grabbed my mother-in-law to read it.

I rue that I did not say, "Ooooh, who's getting excommunicated?"

They do have a son in jail. Would a person get a disciplinary hearing when they can't attend because they are in jail? I assume not.

Who are the people who are on the sacred internet email disciplinary council list? I'm pretty sure my father-in-law is not on the bishopric or anything else too near the top as he is a grade-A moron.

Why does he need an email telling him that someone is having a disciplinary council? Does the whole ward get these? Is it any wonder to them we left the church that does things like this? (Yes, yes it is a wonder to them.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:24PM

Is he a high councilor?

Date: June 24, 2013 04:40PM

Maybe. My brother-in-law says it's something like "high priest" and he does things throughout the stake.

Posted by: Butterfly Undercover ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:25PM

court, one is held in their behalf in absentia. In other words, you don't have to be present to win (or be exed).

Posted by: Butterfly Undercover ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:26PM

scheduled for someone.

Date: June 24, 2013 04:29PM

Do you think a court would be held for someone who burglarized half the ward while they were at church?

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:37PM

They did in my ward.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 04:34PM

Is he executive secretary? If so, he gets to write up all the stuff for the disciplinary council. I don't know if he would be in attendance or not. My father had this "calling" and he seemed to enjoy doing that all too much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.