Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: X'd at 10 ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:42PM

My TBM x husband told me that genetics studies show that JS or BY never had off spring with their polygamist wives. I laughed so hard I spit on him.

Please give me facts. I also like references. He should have learned by now he can't win an arguement with me.

Thank you all for your help and support. My daughter begins chemo and radiation today.(My thread of Grace Happens) My new normal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:45PM

Obviously, BY had lots of kids through his various "wives". By then plural marriage was out in the open. At least one of JS "wives" claimed that there were children from JS that she knew of, but did not name then, since "they went by other names". To date, I know of no definitive DNA proof that JS had children.

Please note though, that he had to hide it so he spent little time with each, so many were so young that they may not have been able to have children yet, and a woman is only fertile a few days each month. So, having no children would have been feasible.

Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 01:46PM

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:00PM

LDS defenders in their recent book(s) on Joseph Smith's polygamy say that it is almost certain that Josephine Lyon Fisher was Joseph Smith's biological daughter. Her mother said as much on her death bed and there are other sources that support it as well. DNA testing to prove this is not possible with current technology.

ETA: BY clearly had kids by plural wives including I think with Zina Huntington Jacobs Smith Young who was a polyandrous wife of sorts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 02:01PM by badseed.

Posted by: moronistrombone ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 02:18PM

John C. Bennett took care of Joseph's offspring.

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 04:48PM

...gee, how wonderful it would have been to associate with JS during those days. You would have been priviledged to experience the wonderful world of child-polygamy, and the secretive Sealing Ordinances at that time. See.........look what we are missing out on.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 03:00PM

Joseph Smith having offspring is sort of up in the air, but Brigham Young???!!! Your husband is clueless. Its not even a secret. Just about any pro-Mormon book or historian will tell you he had tons of children by many different wives.

If they didn't have children by their wives then they'd be breaking the only justification, per the scriptures, to have plural wives, which was to "raise up seed unto the Lord."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brigham_Young's_wives

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.