Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 07:14PM

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,923865,923865#msg-923865
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,931929,931929#msg-931929

These old executives don't appear to me (from the super special broadcast Sunday night) really all that interested in succeeding.

SEcular Priest's post show failure after failure and in looking at Mormon History and this is a consistent pattern repeating itself.

Seriously, there are only a few high points in their missionary program and temple program but mostly these "big deals" in Mormonism are epic fails.

I don't think The First Presidency and The Twelve Apostles even care about becoming more successful in these programs of theirs. They are just having their meetings, doing their jobs, and basking in the accolades and adulation of thousands upon thousands of mostly conservative and highly deluded people made up of generational adherents to a big Victorian Era con.

I think the executives of other major corporations with a similar market capitalization and number of "subscribers" are vastly more interested in their customers.

These are tired old men steering The Titanic like lots of tired old men before them have. Sure they care about the upkeep of the place - got to redecorate with a mall now and then to keep the unseemly outside the ship and maintain rat infestation control, but by and large (and I mean large) it is about churning out something new that is destined to fail.

If these men are prophets, they should be prophesying about the future failure of their latest scheme to perpetuate their corporation for as long as they can. Seriously, it is managing the moving of deck chairs on a titanic that is sinking ever so slowly. I think the coupling of Mormonism = Polygamy in the minds of so many "gentiles" and the weirdness of owning a whole state of people dedicated to prophet in the desert are about all this ship has keeping it afloat since the waters Mormonism is floating upon has had major current changes since The Internet hit the world.

But Mormonism is all about failure and death - this is why they "reclaim" the dead and they "endure to the end." What a truly depressing thing to be a part of in this exciting world of ours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 07:45PM

The list of failures of ventures which the Prophet started as the result of his inspiration began almost as soon as the church began:

- Kirtland Bank
- Zion's Camp
- Nauvoo House
- Deseret Alphabet
- Handcart companies
- Lamanite Placement Program
- Six missionary discussions

Those are only samples.

In fact, it was realizing how many prophetic ventures failed which was a key factor in making me realize that the church was not at all led by God.

As D&C 3 says, it is not the works of God that are frustrated, but the works of men.
"By their fruits ye shall know them [the true prophets and the false prophets]" according to Jesus.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:44PM

RPackham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> - Kirtland Bank
> - Zion's Camp
> - Nauvoo House
> - Deseret Alphabet
> - Handcart companies
> - Lamanite Placement Program
> - Six missionary discussions

> As D&C 3 says, it is not the works of God that are
> frustrated, but the works of men.
> "By their fruits ye shall know them " according to
> Jesus.

If you trace back further it was a serious of treasure seeking failures that for some reason didn't diminish Joseph Smith's reputation as a treasure seeker.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.