Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:19AM

Where is the power of God the GAs claim anything is possible with?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:30AM

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:32AM

Mormonism is a come from behind Church like BYU Football. Oh wait BYU is not even coming from behind like day's of old! I guess Satin's Team is Dominating the game?! LOL

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:39AM

You know they always have an answer for everything. It's supposed to happen this way. It's the Last Days.

The Lord is starting to separate the wheat from the chaff. We are among the chaff, dontcha know.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 12:55PM

What this kind of answer for everything mentality has is that they are choosing to believe Mormonism inspite of all evidences both temporal and spiritual and that an apologetic, simple language has developed that allows them to defend their belief in the presence of such conflict and evidence.

This makes being a Mormon not a sweet thing, cant we all just get along, but a dark choice to believe in doctrines and ignore histories that most discerning minds and spirits find bigoted, fraudulent, and exploitive. Why do people choose to believe such things, when provided opportunities of evidence and truth to exit?

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 01:04PM

They can't even deal with the idea that it might not be true. That's not an option. The Church IS true, therefore you deal with the facts that you've got and make them fit into your Mormon mold.

I know this is what I did, but somehow life prepared me to be ready for the real truth. Until you're ready for it, you just don't hear it.

Sometimes it's really difficult for us to remember that we were once where they are. I have to remind myself of that, but it's still not always easy.

Posted by: ramonglyde ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 02:06PM

As mormons are exmos once were, as exmos are mormons may become.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 07:12PM

I'm almost 65 and in relatively good health. I wonder if the truth about the cult will come out during my lifetime. I am doubtful. Even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary, I believe Cult HQ will deny the truth forever....and the "sheep" will follow along, deaf and blind to the blatantly obvious evidence surrounding them.

Ron Burr

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:23PM

One of these Lethbridge visits I want to track you down and shake your hand. :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 02:00PM

I'm in the phone book and I look forward to meeting you...we can have a great cup of coffee or a beer.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 03:25AM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm almost 65 and in relatively good health. I
> wonder if the truth about the cult will come out
> during my lifetime. I am doubtful.

My dear, the truth about the cult came out long before your lifetime. That is why fewer than fifteen million people (alive or dead but born after 1903) in a world of seven and a half billion people (alive and kicking) ever allowed themselves to get baptized into it. And even of those fifteen million, a mere few million or activish.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 04:56AM

yup, the truth came out about Pervert MORmON founder Joe Smith back in 1844. Then pervert Joe finally had his first and last real revelation about how god really felt about his MORmON work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrgLz0tpVA

No one has ever literally screwed up Joe's latter work the way that Joe did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxCpT9pKo0

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:12PM

I could imagine global warming or aliens wiping out most humans and evidence of their existence on the Earth, and the Mormons just by pure luck ended up convincing everyone they were the true church because there was no other Christians around and all the evidence against it was wiped out. It would be a horrible nightmare, but I could see it happening.

Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:55PM

The fact it's doing so bad is proof it's the one true church. Otherwise why is Satan working so hard to destroy it?

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:57PM

To morbots the church is growing rapidly ----- new temples, many new missions, many new mishes, new babtisms. They don't have the facts and never will ------ their controllers keep telling them lies and the morbots do great on lies like mushrooms in crap!

Posted by: Lettucegodown ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 12:14AM

I guess I don't see it. I read a lot of posts that talk about the major decline in member morale, dissatisfaction, people "leaving in droves" etc.

My ward seems to be growing due to new move-ins, some less actives are returning, and the staunch ones are as entrenched as ever. Everyone's is inside looking in, no one is even mentioning the stuff being talked about on this board. My observation is that the chapel members are content with their heads firmly buried in their...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Morg crumble, I just don't see it happening at all.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 02:30AM

It's like that in my area too - although the last bishop in our ward really tested some of the members and I wouldn't be surprised if some testimonies were shakier than their owners let on. However a women I know who comes into my work occasionally told me her LDS neighbor and another LDS family on her street have decided to leave the church together, along with another family in their ward. I don't know any of these people personally because this woman lives in the next city over, which isn't in our stake. But it was encouraging because my former ward seems as entrenched as yours. However, it doesn't seem to be growing because most here are pretty settled - not a lot of younger, move-in types.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 02:30AM

sorry - duplicate post. my computer is driving me crazy and needs to go in for a check up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 02:30AM by CA girl.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 03:44AM

Lettucegodown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess I don't see it. I read a lot of posts
> that talk about the major decline in member
> morale, dissatisfaction, people "leaving in
> droves" etc.
>
> My ward seems to be growing due to new move-ins,
> some less actives are returning, and the staunch
> ones are as entrenched as ever.

> Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Morg
> crumble, I just don't see it happening at all.

Sometimes the rot is hidden beneath the veneer of artificial growth. Last time I saw mishies, they bragged about how my old ward had grown, and the chapel would probably soon serve two wards! I was stunned. But then they mentioned all the new members, including a family from the town of X, 25 miles away. "Why don't they go to church in X?" I asked. Erm, the branch at X had been discontinued. Oh, and the branches at Y and Z? Discontinued. But hey, soon they'll have two wards in A! I told them A had its own mission twenty years ago. And then it was their turn to be stunned.

You know what president Truman said: "lies, damn lies, and statistics". When the church has new wards, they don't mention the 'discontinued' branches, and vice versa. And while there are over more missions, they are ever closer to either Provo or Harare. No offence to the good, humble, obedient members in Harare.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:11AM

If you live in a ward full of stalwarts, where you don't see decline, here's where you look for the signs:

In F&T meeting, look for how many of those old stalwarts get up and testify how their kids break their hearts, but they hope that like Alma the elder, their prayers will eventually result in the return of their kids to the faith.

Posted by: Green Potato ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 02:58AM

In most countries mormons make up about 0.5% of the population. That means that 99.5% of people are not fooled by them. In the most populated countries the morg is making no progess due to cultural differences. The morg has already saturated the market in places that it has been operating for a long time. Sub saharan africa is where they see the biggest potential at the moment.

If you include forced conversions in the next life then they are doing pretty well (perhaps). Even in this life, the world is 0.5% fully converted to mormonism. If every member does 200 baptisms for the dead then every zombie will be TBM. Things aren't so bad from their point of view ;)

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:59AM

More like 0.002%.

Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 03:36AM

Mormonism is strongly entrenched and isn't going anywhere soon. However, there is a slow attrition happening with educated members who are dissatisfied with Mormonism. These educated members probably effect the pocket book of TSCC because they make good incomes.

I don't see Mormonism imploding suddenly. It is going to be a long multi-generational decline... unless something BIG happens... like BIG 15 come out and admit the truth of it... which isn't likely.

BIG 15 have convinced themselves that Mormonism is a good thing for people. They believe even if it is based on lies, it benefits people more than it harms them.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:58AM

Not "even if" --- "even THOUGH it's based on lies...."

And they're assuming and hoping that most members will not recognize the CHILD ABUSE that is Mormonism.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:36AM

GA's are getting paid, employees are getting paid...
Temples are opening one after another....
It's not going down anytime soon....

Posted by: nomomo ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 11:18AM

I think we exmos have missed the point with tbm's. I have found it isn't so much about doctrine or scriptures being right or wrong as it is about the,"community." These people have nothing else going for them, at work, in the neighborhood or in their famlies but people like themselves. Thier community or clique is what really matters to them and gives their pathetic lives purpose. Just an observation.

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 01:56PM

I don't see the church dying anytime soon, at least where I live. I'm in the greater Houston area and I think most of the growth of the church is due to population growth. There have a few stake splits in the 12 years I've been here. There have been some baptisms and reactivation in my former ward but nothing earth shattering. I think the church's problem lies with the 'Internet' generation, especially those who are not raised in the Morridor. In my former ward, teenagers either go to BYU/missions or they leave the church (although I don't know if they have actually resigned). They just drop out. My former ward is quite cliquish and basically run by people originally from the Morridor. Those of us who did not grow up there are not 'in' and not part of leadership. For those of us who did not grow up in the Morridor, we are not full members of the tribe so it's easier to leave. Maybe in my lifetime (I'm mid thirties), Mormonism will decline and really only remain in the Morridor.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 02:04PM

Beat the beast back into that box shaped like Utah. It would nice to see a sign that Utah is resistant to the Mormon cult too, but 100% Mormon representation in government positions, polygamy in Utah, and released-time Seminary and un monitored home schooling, sip ugliest the cult will remain strong in Utah for multiple generations.

It's the BIC without external examination issue. Social Mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 02:04PM by gentlestrength.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.