Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 09:09PM

What?

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/men-outnumber-women-among-american-rape-victims/

Now I'm afraid of getting roofied at a business lunch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 09:14PM

You're not going to get roofied at a business lunch. If you're black or latino and cops find pot on you, however, you could very well find yourself getting roofied in prison. America keeps more men in prison than the rest of the civilized world COMBINED. They are raping each other while they are there. That's what the article is about.

Posted by: phil ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 09:52AM

Actually, Blacks and Hispanics are FAR, FAR more likely to be the perpetrators of rape behind bars.

According to Just Detention
"Past studies have documented the prevalence of black on white sexual aggression in prison. These findings are further confirmed by Human Rights Watch's own research. Overall, our correspondence and interviews with white, black, and Hispanic inmates convince us that white inmates are disproportionately targeted for abuse."

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html#_1_27

Nor are these poor Blacks and Hispanics being targeted by evil, wicked cops for possession of weed. They are in prison at higher rates because they commit crime at FAR, FAR higher rates than Whites or Asians.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 09:54AM

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:05AM

If it's true, what difference does it make? Are some truths not useful?

Posted by: phil ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:04AM

It's said that most rape victims will never see their attackers behind bars. The reality is that most rape victims MEET their attackers behind bars.

Somehow this has met with public approval and seems to be the cornerstone of Jay Leno's crime stories.

See SPR.org for more information. Give a donation while you're there.

Posted by: perceptual ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 02:07AM

They also get thrown in jail far more often for the same crimes that white people get arrested for. That's probably why they're raping white people.

http://amplicate.com/search?q=heidi%20and%20frank

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:39AM

Maybe the white guys are cuter.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 09:54PM

I've been raped. Men just don't talk about it. And it wasn't in prison.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2013 09:56PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: nowayjoe ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 09:59PM

I was raped yearly, always in the evenings by a neighbor in late

december for over 40 years...financially

Posted by: lastofthewine ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 05:02AM

This sounds as horrible as 'suicides by firearms outnumber homicides by two to one'.

I don't care about the gender of the victim, only except to appreciate there are a multitude of circumstances to rape.

Will anyone say children are raped more than adults? Slutty looking women are raped more than decent appearing ones? Criminals are raped more than law abiders? Who the hell cares? Rape is still rape.

And no, the men are not "raping each other" in America's prison system (or any), it's that the perpetrators are given free reign over those powerless to respond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 05:07AM by lastofthewine.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:26AM

lastofthewine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This sounds as horrible as 'suicides by firearms
> outnumber homicides by two to one'.
>
> I don't care about the gender of the victim, only
> except to appreciate there are a multitude of
> circumstances to rape.
>
> Will anyone say children are raped more than
> adults? Slutty looking women are raped more than
> decent appearing ones? Criminals are raped more
> than law abiders? Who the hell cares? Rape is
> still rape.
>
> And no, the men are not "raping each other" in
> America's prison system (or any), it's that the
> perpetrators are given free reign over those
> powerless to respond.

+1000

I would be careful of any website trying to paint men as being primarily victims of sexual/domestic violence with no focus on men being the majority of perpetrators. The crazy men rights activist movement incessantly pushes this narrative, it has no basis in fact.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 11:06AM

And these nasty rotten women RUIN MEN'S LIVES by false rape accusafions!111!!!!1!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 11:08AM by tapirsaddle.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 06:10AM

Rape in prison seems to enjoy some sort of public approval.

this can be seen if you look at the comments section on any crime news story.

Fark [News concentrator site] even has it's own acronym for this. they refer to prison as 'PMITA' - Pound Me In The

the thinking seems to be that prison is not enough of a punishment for many offences and so we hope that the criminal will suffer extra punishment at the hands of his peers.

which, ultimately, means that people are giving approval for powerful criminals to commit further crimes over powerless criminals

Given that the US has a higher proportion of it's population in jail, than any other nation in the world, it all seems quite nasty

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 07:33AM

It's almost an emblem of how admirable some are that at the news of some homophobic or pedophiliac crime, those righteously stirred-up virtuous ones have their own inner Bubbas that gleefully they imaginatively sic on the one headed for prison. Hammurabi is alive and well in the 21st century.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 12:48PM

It makes me feel sick to my stomach. Our prison system is barbaric and we Americans should be ashamed of it.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 10:01AM

Prison rape has been going down significantly. It still happens a lot more then anyone would like it to happen, and if you go to prison in some places it's as far bad as ever, but there have been a lot of prison reforms since the 90s that have helped the problem. Prison still isn't a fun place, and I don't want to go though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.