Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 10:22PM

I went to visit a very dear friend of mine who is still TBM. She is the one I told about three weeks ago that I am no longer mormon. We were having a wonderful visit, the children all splashing outside in the sprinkler and us sitting inside by the window watching them and chatting when someone knocked on the door. My friend gave me a confused look and went to answer her door. There stood a couple of missionaries from her ward! She quickly stepped outside, refused to let them in, but did give them a glass of water (which she made them drink on her front porch.)
After they left, I started laughing and said, "If it was anyone but you, I'd be sure you were trying to love bomb me!" She replied it, "I swear I did NOT set this up and did not invite them! I almost slammed the door on their faces when I saw who it was! Shit, I'm so sorry!" I laughed so hard and told her, "It's just me. I swear they can sniff me out!"
Not only did my TBM friend swear, she was mortified that they showed up when I was there and was so worried I was going to be upset! (She knows my past history with missies and why I refuse to allow them into my home.)
Now SHE is a perfect example of what TBM friends and families should do when their loved ones leave the church! Support them, love them, and make sure they know that you actually respect their religious decisions!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 10:34PM

Date: June 29, 2013 10:45PM

I agree, she is a true friend. We've been best friends since we were 11yrs old. She has stood by me and supported me through everything, even my teenage pregnancy. I love her to death! And I love her even more now that I know for a fact she really does respect my decision on leaving the church.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 10:37PM

parents or other relatives are usually the ones who rat you out.

Date: June 29, 2013 10:44PM

If she had ratted me out, she would have let them in, not almost slam the door in their faces, then feel guilty so offered them a glass of water to drink outside in the 101 deg weather.

Besides, it wasn't a planned get together but a last minute thing. My guess is they were walking by, saw a strange car in her drive way next to hers and decided that maybe they could get an easy baptism.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: June 29, 2013 11:18PM

When you stopped being Mormon did you remove the subcutaneous tracking chip?

:)

Date: June 29, 2013 11:20PM

Ah shit, I knew I forgot something!

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: June 30, 2013 12:44AM

Raisingspecialneeds's friend happens to be my younger sister. She really is that good and has a good heart. When I learned she cursed, I could hardly believe it. It would devastate our TBM judgmental mother to learn that her most perfect daughter cursed. I am the black sheep and yet the most accomplished of her children. Nothing I do makes her happy or is good enough now that I am no longer TBM. At least my siblings still love and respect me and haven't freaked out. I'm proud of my sister for putting friends and family before the church.

Date: June 30, 2013 09:15AM

I told your sister once that if all TBMS were like her, I probably never would have left. I really am honored to be friends with both of you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.