Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 02:15AM

I think I mentioned on here today that the VT and HT and Primary presidency ALL showed up bearing gifts today (brownies, gift card, coloring books for my kids). So I take a pic of it all and post it to my instagram with hash tags #mormons #lovebombs #clueless

Oh gosh, Mormons coming out of the wood work. One was a previous VT of mine saying "I'm so glad I gave you treats because that how we met! So glad I did!" Nevermind that she never spoke to me again once I wasn't on her list anymore.

And a TBM from law school..."Accepting goodies and kind gestures from those evil Mormons can't be good for your recovery!" WTF? What an ass.

Seriously, it's like they are totally offended that Im not being super impressed and grateful for these lame ass love bombs. Kind gestures? I think not! A kind gesture is when my neighbor drops off a mini bottle of champagne for New Years, or mows my lawn and picks up my mail while I'm out of town, or chit chats with me in the front yard while we watch our kids play FOR NO OTHER REASON other than the fact we are neighbors, friends, good people looking out for each other. We don't expect anything. We don't expect them to come to church or share the exact same beliefs or because we want to impress the church leaders. We are just being normal human beings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 02:22AM by goldenrule.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 02:38AM

Junior High School behavior. They still think they are the cool kids, the in crowd and any notice they show to us should be received with gratitude and thanksgiving. Yippee - now we can be cool kids too. They want credit for good intentions not good results.

Unfortunately, they are more like the weird, greasy kid who eats alone while picking his nose then wonders why nobody likes him. All the cookies in the world can't buy this kid popularity but he can't understand either why no one likes him.

Most other adults are grown ups.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 06:42AM

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 11:38AM

I think it would be funny if you called them back and said -

"Hey, keep 'em coming. But just so you don't get too excited, we are never returning to Mormonism. Just so you know. Have a great day!"

I would only allow the treats IF you don't have kids. If you do, the big danger is in kids who are easily manipulated falling for the treats and invitations to this or that.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 11:52AM

If these people dropped off gifts and expected something in return (like you coming back to church), then they are not true gifts. And if they only showed up because the church told them to, they are not true friends either. Mormons are so clueless.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:02PM

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/english/wwlt/hasten/PD50020824-member-progress-form-eng.pdf?lang=eng

Here is their form they are using to track their behavior on you.

It would be fun to have a form for them to sign or at least show them that you are tracking their behavior.

Perhaps it could called Cult is Stalking Me form

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:44PM

Oh this is brilliant! Fill it out and leave it posted on the window of your front door.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:14PM

You could post, please leave your goodies on the porch. Date and sign the form. Check the home made or store bought box please for confirmation. Extra points are given for home made. Also if you provide goodies at the beginning of e month rather than the end there is a bonus awarded, for non-compulsory visits that amount to more than five a month.

Thank you for playing

"A Cult is Stalking Me"

Date: July 01, 2013 07:54PM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:59PM

WTF! That form just screams boundary issues!

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:02PM

That's not a church...it's a job application.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:06PM

gentlestrength Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/english/wwlt
> /hasten/PD50020824-member-progress-form-eng.pdf?la
> ng=eng
>
> Here is their form they are using to track their
> behavior on you.
>
> It would be fun to have a form for them to sign or
> at least show them that you are tracking their
> behavior.
>
> Perhaps it could called Cult is Stalking Me form

And, as was pointed out earlier here, the first--the VERY FIRST-item the bishop is to check on return to activity is tithing worthiness. How about that.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 12:07PM

Spiritual hillbillies...

Date: July 01, 2013 01:28PM

Lol!

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:03PM

Damn, all I got was a visit from the mishies last night, no cookies for me. :-(

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:50PM

"The bishop has interviewed the member and reviewed the principle of tithing and other
worthiness matters to assist in preparation for temple worship"

I'm already familiar with the principle of tithing. You give them money, and they give you ,,, ummm.. well, nothing! Except maybe some promises that if you believe the current mythology of a small 19th century cult, you'll get god cake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2013 05:51PM by rationalguy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.