Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 02:57PM

I was just looking for the quote from BY about mixing your seed with the seed of Cain, and found this on the FAIR page.

http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_racial_issues/Brigham_Young/Race_mixing_punishable_by_death

Who else is going to stalk the page until the new writings come forth? :P

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marriedtoexmo ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:46PM

LOL, this should be good.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 03:56PM

They've only had about 150 years to come up with an answer to this question.

Stupid cult.

Posted by: marriedtoexmo ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:18PM

Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:33PM

I just read the archived response you posted. What a bunch of crap. They try to explain how BY was protecting black women based on American law and use that in the explanation for BY's quote "the Law of God has always been...."

I'm sorry but any college-level reasoning and writing student can show the invalidity of their argument....total crap and an insult to not only our intelligence, but the African race

Posted by: obsessed ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 08:55PM

Your FAIR funny reminded me of the rings I see some mormons wearing - the "CTR" one. I asked a non-mo friend (she lives in the SLC area and loves to crack jokes on the church) what it meant and she said, "Corrupt The Righteous." Cracked me up! On that note, I find it interesting that whenever I am conversing with someone I don't really know (just met, etc.) wearing one of those rings, I appreciate the fact they are giving me a heads up that they are lds and (to be blatantly honest), not to be trusted.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:40PM

It was something to the effect of "As God's chosen instrument of the Restoration, Joseph could sew his seed where he pleased."

Seriously; I used to have fun with this stuff before there was ldsfreedomforum.com...

FAIR = Frantic Attempt to Ignore Reality

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:02PM

Good One !

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:01PM

How do they even sleep at night?

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:33PM

That was a crazy explanation and they already knew it.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 04:23PM

Wait a minute...hasn't the prophet spoken? Hasn't the thinking been done? Brigham Young would be disappointed to learn that FAIR Wiki will end up carrying more weight than the Journal of Discourses. All that thundering in righteous wrath at the Tabernacle podium, all for naught.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:24PM

"This is not to say that Brigham did not share some ideas about the desirability of keeping races separate; virtually everyone of his era did."

So there you have it. Because the prevailing view of the time was ignorant racism, this wholly excuses a prophet of God for simply believing exactly the same.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:31PM

The church's LAWYERS, oops I mean PROOF-READERS, are taking a second look at it.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 05:33PM

Morons. I read BY's words. There's nothing to nuance, nothing to interpret. He was a plain spoken person. They have nothing. Weak sauce.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 01, 2013 07:01PM

Well, his nuances and open to interpretation mutterings were taken as a direct truth by MEPeterson, McConkie,Packer,JosephFieldingSmith, DavidOmcKay, HaroldBLee and FirstPresidencies.

Following the logic presented by FAIR, it is only natural to assume that everyone who repeated BYs words were extremely gullible and loved repeating things they knew nothing about! Because they could not discern between nuance, open interpretation and DivineWill, they led entire generations down a road that should have been avoided by enlightened men of God. Or am I missing something?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.