Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: July 06, 2013 05:49PM

Most of you have probably heard of Eric Weddle (played at Utah and San Diego Chargers), Well I played high school football and would have loved to have played college football (didn't happen). I joined the Church right before I graduated from high school, and a year later because of various factors I chose to go on a mission. I was pretty much made to believe that I needed to go on a mission, be "rightous", "faithful" ect. In order to meet and marry a beatiful molly Mormon girl (which I wanted). Well I was sent home from the MTC for depression and after that I was never the same with the church, because it was "seeing the man behind the curtains." I also found out that I have Asperger's Syndrome (social disorder) when I was twenty one which is why I strugled with girls, Mormon or not.
Here we have Eric Weddle who got to date and Marry the "giel of his dreams" high school sweetheart" (she is beatiful). He joined the church while he was at Utah, and now is making millions and has a family. Deseret News described him as "one happy guy." Now no one knows what is going on with him behind the scenes (everyone has problems). But I am jelous of this guy because he got all of the things that he wanted out of Mormonism and didn't have to go on a mission to do it.
I will never know if I were geting what I needed from being faithful in the church, would I still be in it? Had I not been pushed into the mission thing, would I still be in the church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: June 27, 2014 04:26PM

That explains it all.
Same thing with Manti Te'o, Jabari Parker, and yes, the Osmonds.
Hell, David Archuleta had nothing to gain by doing so.

Frankly I'm sick of seeing copies of his book at Deseret Books and See-Gull-Ible. It's not like he's headed for Canton, anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.