Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Erictheex ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:11AM

Dear Molly,

I felt like I needed to write you this letter because you continue to contact me, even after I told you how I feel. I think that if I explain why we broke up, you will be able to read this before you decide to reach out with another plate of cookies or another pathetic invitation to a neighborhood activity, that somehow is always at your house.

You know how I feel about racism. I detest it, and I value that have the same views as I do. However I was so disappointed that your grandfather says such racist things and you refuse to stand up to him or even correct him. You even told me I heard him wrong, when I clearly heard what I heard. Even you have told me that you should not marry outside your own race?!

You have told me that you do not care how much money I make, and that money is the root of all evil. However you ask me how much money I make and how much I am spending on you. You even told me that I need to spend at least 10% of my income on you, since you have so many needs. I have even been skipping meals to help you, then I find out you take my money and go down to the mall with it? You told me that your dad was an unemployed volunteer only to find out that he is the CEO of 14 different corporations?! Why is money so important- why lie about it? I almost feel like that is all you wanted out of me.

I read all the letters you sent me. All the poems, all the promises. Then I found out that you plagiarized them!? How could you? After all the sob story about your past, I find out that you told different stories to different people? Your only apology is that people aren't perfect? I never asked you to be perfect, I only expect you not to be evil.

You told me how strongly you feel about children, yet you refuse to turn in all the child molesters in your family.

You said that you wanted us to wait until marriage, but then I find out that you have been sleeping around with other people's spouses and underage kids and getting into polyamorous relationships?

We had planned to marry at your Dad's house, but then he tells me that my family is not invited unless they pay him and join his religion?

You told me that you hated controlling people, how evil they were. Then you keep setting new and random rules, which I am beginning to realize are only to control me. You even told me what underwear I was allowed to wear?! You tell me I cannot have any other friends besides you and your family, because everyone else is bad. I have come to realize that the opposite is true.

The reason I wanted you to have have this in writing is because I heard today that you continue to tell everyone that we are still involved. Please get over me. Please come to terms with all of your issues, start with honesty, then move to racism, greed, compulsive lying, narcissism...I feel bad for the poor fools that will fall for you in the future.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:19AM

As my son would say... "that's harsh."

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:20AM

Beautiful.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 09:49PM

Agree...well put.

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:22AM

Brilliant again, ericthex.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:26AM

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:33AM

Love it!

Posted by: European View ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 12:32PM

Topping, because this is too darn good to disappear down the page.

Posted by: Anony ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 12:59PM

+1

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 03:11PM

That is one chick who needs to be taken to the curb. However you need to ask yourself what attracted you to this POS psycho beoch from hell? You don't want to make that mistake again. I hope you are now looking for nomos or exmos for future companionship. Didn't you find it odd that she required you to tithe her 10 percent? What a selfish user.

Posted by: Molly is the church.. ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 04:18PM

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:24PM

So, rather than being "attracted to this POS", you were "Born Into the Covenant" to be with her!

Loved your genius breakup letter!

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 04:27PM

I love this! When put into your perspective, no person in their right mind would have a relationship with a person like that.

Your letter also makes it clear why we would never, never, never consider getting back into this relationship--and why we work hard to keep our children from being manipulated into it.

Sick. Dysfunctional. Evil. Cult.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 04:38PM

You make it clear that you don't like them continuing to tell everyone that you are still involved! You helped me understand why this makes me so angry, personally. All of us are too good for the cult. Most of us are ashamed that we were ever associated with it. Some of us are ashamed of ourselves for doing and thinking the things the cult forced us to do. I was once prejudiced (as a child of racist TBM parents). My husband, when he was too little to know any better, joined with some older TBM boys, and threw rocks at a Jewish boy, yelling, "You killed Christ!" My husband never got over the guilt for doing that, though he apologized to the boy. Only in the past 10 years, has he understood that his Mormon upbringing was partly to blame.

"I never asked you to be perfect, I only expect you not to be evil."

That's right. We all were brainwashed that we were doing "good" as Mormons, but we were wrong. Now we have to live with that, and recover from that.

Posted by: Erictheex ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 05:12PM

You have my permission :). I would add: unfortunately, my family thinks you are perfect, but they don't know you like I do.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 06:04PM

Really good, clever.

Do you have a break-up song?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 06:05PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:26PM

Mine: "We are never ever getting back together"

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:00PM

Love it!!

Posted by: fineline ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 10:15PM

Brilliant analogy!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.