Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:38PM

I hadn't heard about this story before. I think she got off way too easy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: geneticerror ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 02:43PM

She is the wife of a councleman. Additionally, their daughter was arrested for molesting the same child. I'm not sure what her legal status is but it appears that she was let off the hook too.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 12:43PM

It seems the mormon church is equal opportunity at letting sex offenders offend. Since the mormon church beleives it is totally OK that proves the church is evil and untrue. I wonder why no attorney has not launched a class action suit for victims like they did for the Catholic Church. It needs to be made public because it has been going on for a long time.

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 01:01PM

To be fair, it appears that at the time of the meeting with the stake pres. there was no evidence of sexual molestation. As far as the new piece goes, there doesn't seem to be anything reportable to the police that occurred in the meeting.

There were certainly red flags going up all over, it seems that Mrs. Brock's husband as well as the boys parents would and should have been on high alert.

TSCC is guilty of a lot, but in this case the reports don't give enough information to judge the culpability of the clergy in question. IMHO

Posted by: geneticerror ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 02:38PM

I think that's a fair assessment with what little information there is publically available. At the very least it highlights the bishops ability to 'discern' or lack thereof.

Posted by: anon7 ( )
Date: January 26, 2011 02:36PM

The victim's parents should have filed for a restraining order against Brock. They may not have prevailed in obtaining one, but it would have put her on notice to stay away from the boy. Courts have much more authority than the Bishop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.