Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brothergalileo ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:26PM

To all fellow exmos out there, don't give up on us "TBMs" Some of us may look and act the part only because we are afraid however we do not believe it, like myself of course. So keep questioning us so that we may know who out there we can talk to....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: crom ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:29PM

That makes me sad.

I never had to go through the motions without belief. I went inactive before I figured out the lack of veracity in the story.

Maybe there's a meetup in your area?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 08:30PM by crom.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:44PM

Thanks for posting this, brother galileo. I am a never mo, but in the last year I have had three Mormon acquaintances (on their way to becoming friends!) confide in me that they no longer believe but were afraid to tell their Mormon friends and families. Do you have a non-Mormon friend or family member you could tell as a first step?

Posted by: YBU ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:48PM

I hope that you will find the courage to leave the morgbot cult for your sake and the sake of those around you. It is a terrible lie to live. We only get one life and it is our right to live it authentically and honestly. Good luck to you and yours.

Posted by: ananke ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:48PM

Don't give up on yourself. There is a big, wide world outside of Mormonism. Getting out may not be as impossible as it seems.

Posted by: darksprout ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:49PM

I think we might need some kind of a pinch and a wink to know you're doubting. Just ask suspected exmo's or other "TBMs" a hard question.

If they come back with a "trust God" or "Joseph Smith rocks," then nod and move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 04:17AM by alwayslooking.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 08:52PM

+1

Posted by: brothergalileo ( )
Date: July 13, 2013 09:06PM

We can make a secret handshake ;)

Posted by: darksprout ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 04:21AM

Well shit. Hold on.

I need to fire up the old youtube then. :)

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 09:27AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 09:27AM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 04:42AM

You can study and think on your own, then decide if it makes sense to leave or stay in the mormon church.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 04:56AM

Thanks a lot for getting a song from my childhood stuck in my head, although remembering David Soul as Hutch in "Starsky and Hutch" isn't so bad, so you're forgiven. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 09:27AM

You kind of seem to be at a beginning stage. You have woken up and looked around and realized things aren't as they seem. It feels impossible that you could ever break free and aren't sure if you want to. It will be interesting to look back in a year or two from the point you are now and see whether you have done anything about it. My guess is that eventually you will.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: July 14, 2013 09:33AM

Makes me sad so many have to pretend and put up with the true believers spouting their tall tales at F&T meeting. When you get to the point it makes you physically ill, you'll know it's time to leave for good.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.