Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sexyanonymousgirl ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 11:23PM

This is a beautiful talk but also very sad. He comes so close to finding the truth but he ruins it by bringing religion into the mix. This talk makes me wonder if deep down he knows what the truth really is. He is totally contradicting his laws of truth with religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindog ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 11:28PM

I'm sure it must be very interesting and well hidden...

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 12:25AM

Can you link to the talk to which you're referring? Or at least give us the date/title of his talk so we can look it up ourselves? Thank you!

Date: July 21, 2013 11:50AM

Date: July 21, 2013 11:51AM

I had a brainfart there

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:53AM

Thanks!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:01PM

Much more enjoyable when you turn off the sound and just look at a very handsome, well-dressed man.

Date: July 21, 2013 01:14PM

too bad he is lds cuz he is hot. I hate to see how hot he was when he was younger.

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:23PM

I had lunch with Dieter a few years ago in Salt Lake City, and though the conversation was just casual he seemed intelligent. So it saddens me that as soon as he says "I bring you the blessings of Thomas S. Monson", my CULT ALERT goes to DEFCON 10, meaning he's a cultural huckster and no other opinion from his muddled brain is of any interest to me. Window closed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 01:26PM by SLDrone.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:32PM

Wow. You still hang with some important LDS guys. I wish I could have lunch with one of them some day.

(Hey, I've rubbed shoulders, I have. I once sat next to Pierce Brosnan in the Brussels business lounge. And know what? When he got on his cell phone he slipped into Gaelic. Secret code, Gaelic. Good COMSEC on his part.)

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:37PM

LOL I think Pierce Brosnan is probably more interesting. With only a couple of exception among the ones I know, they are all pretty full of themselves, and if you are not under the spell of the cult they don't really have much of interest to say.

I sat at a table next to Robert Duvall in Park City a couple of years ago, and I once got dirty look from Robert Redford at the Gateway mall for staring at him. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 01:40PM by SLDrone.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:40PM

LOL Uchtdorf cleared out of Germany in the nick of time, before the greatly reduced social security system hit him.

The parents of some of my old university friends, who are now hitting retirement age over there, are having terrible times.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.