Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:43AM

I spent the night at my brother's. We had a fun grilling late with his friends. Now I need to go back to my parents to help with more grilling for family to come over.

My brother was in Africa for a while and just got back - so it's time to get everyone together.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:46AM

Going to play mahjong with in laws, after laying in bed for a while. Maybe out to dinner or a movie.

Posted by: shazam101 ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:51AM

Twojedis, go see Pacific Rim! Its Awesome!

Posted by: shazam101 ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:50AM

Getting ready for a big family BBQ!

Posted by: Painting in the Win ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:56AM

Just picked up pastries : bear claws cinnemon rolls & strong sipping it as the ocean fog lifted and it's a beautiful sun whimsy day

Found an agate on the beach it's a delicious Sunday morning

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:00AM

Sadly I'm working. My project from the last 11 months goes live tomorrow. Then I have 2 weeks to set up the budget. Also doing laundry so I can go to work tomorrow.

Posted by: hayduke ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:17AM

Making homemade dog treats and drinking coffee. Spending the day in the art and science museum and then have to figure out how to fit in a 14 mile run.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:19AM

Chilled at McDonald's reading the paper. Sitting around watching a movie and playing on the computer. I wish I had back all those years of TBM miserable dreaded Sundays! LOL Oh, and I'm about ready for a nap.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:32AM

I just got up from sleeping in. Going to spend the day working on crochet projects, browsing the internet and playing Roller Coaster Tychoon all while enjoying a cup of iced coffee and resting my bummed knee.

Posted by: pathos ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:46AM

Listening to Hans Mattsson's Mormon Stories podcast. Then having some brews n brunch downtown (SLC)

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 11:46AM

Pizza and triple berry smoothies!

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 12:12PM

Went to breakfast with my soul sister gal pal.

Now I have to idea what this day will bring. =)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 12:16PM

I'm recovering from a TBM family reunion that occurred this weekend.

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:15PM

So far I've been reading RFM and playing a computer game. Hope to work on organizing my collectibles (it's fun work), and I might go to a movie. I will definitely go out for a latte or make one at home if I don't feel like going out. I need to do some house cleaning, too.

Posted by: longtallsally ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:18PM

held at a friends' backyard later today. We are having the best summer weather--lots of rain has left us with lush lawns
and gorgeous flowers. Can't have a better Sunday afternoon!

My contribution: Lemon drop Martinis and Wild Mushroom Packets. I need to get busy on it.

Posted by: Out in England ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:25PM

Trying to lose a bit of weight right now, so clicked off 18 miles on the bike this morning.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:28PM

Dog sitting.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 01:57PM

Just being super-mom (as usual). Went to visit hubby in the hospital, then grocery shopping, now supervising a bunch of little neighborhood boys jumping on the trampoline in the backyard. Caring for my pregnant daughter (3rd grandbaby in a year!) who moved back in temporarily until she gets on her feet.

Oh! And I'm making my teen son's life hell for sneaking booze from his best friend's mom at a party this weekend. They did vodka shots for the first time ever and DS puked all over his buddy's bedroom. The mom made the boys clean up the mess then clean her entire house the next day - with hang-overs!

Today it's my turn . . . DS is mowing the lawn, weeding, washing my car, and then deep-cleaning the entire house inside. He just back-talked me and I added extra outdoor chores. It's close to 100 degrees with massive humidity today. <smiles>

His driver's license is riding on this. heh. I don't play.

;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 01:58PM by shannon.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 06:16PM

Another great teen hangover torture "an amusement park". A friends Dad took her after all the chores and made her ride every ride. She was still green on Monday from the Friday party.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 02:41PM

Going to a local flea market that is only held on one Sunday a month.

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 02:43PM

Day off in the patch. Ramping up with 100+ people tomorrow. We are on the go with this project.

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 06:21PM

Just finished watching TED and now on my way to my son's for a BBQ. Couldn't be better.

Posted by: NNT ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 06:36PM

Went for a long slow walk this morning, cleaned the kitchen, and went swimming with the family. We are just hanging out while the youngest takes a nap. Later diner, watching the kids, play with the neighborhood kids and a movie before bed.

Posted by: PhoenixMom ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 06:58PM

Same thing I did yesterday. Kids, cleaning up after kids and cooking. No rest for me. Hubby's getting in a nap though. Quiet, nice Sunday.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 07:10PM

Son, daughter & I are getting blessings from the Happy Hour God!

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 07:15PM

I visited a local assisted living center.

Posted by: hard6 ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 09:29PM

Alpine Loop, Cascade Springs, BBQ with the fam-bam. Perfect day.

Posted by: wolfunderfire ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 09:47PM

RFM Support Circle at UU in SLC. FANTASTIC. VERY GRATEFUL. I feel more like me for the first time in months, not betraying self by being hypocritical , which is not my nature. However living where I do and working at DI is still somewhat hypocritical, hopefully cann transition out of both very soon. I did laundry today also GASP but refrained from mowing lawn because i dont wnat neighbours throwing rocks , or pioneer bottle rockets, at me.

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 09:53PM

I took the fam to Lagoon!
It's more crowded on Sunday than I expected -- maybe it's because there are more exmos...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 21, 2013 10:01PM

Tending the yard before I go back out into the wilderness for a few days.

Also sitting in the hot tub. I wish I could hook it onto the travel trailer.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 12:38AM

Drank a bunch of beer at a 'backyard' funeral.

There were a few ex-mos in the crowd.

Lots of laughter...

Posted by: brassplates ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 01:59AM

I enjoyed learning about life and art by working to archive works from an artist who passed many years ago. I got to work side by side with his widow. A kind and intelligent woman who smiles like a school-child and is as serious as a heart attack.

Followed by an afternoon nap during the PBS presentation of Lewis and Clark. I never realized how important Lewis and Clark were to our country and the demise of the American Indian way of life. One's fulfillment is another's demise.

Capped by a lovely meal with my son's family and watching Dexter and Ray Donovan. What a great replacement for Sunday School, Sacrament Meeting, and every other effing meeting that can possibly be held in order to test one's loyalty to the church.

Most relaxed day of the week now compared to the most wreck-filled day of the week when I was TBM.

Hope your days and weeks are filled with frivolity and fun.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.