Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 01:49PM

My prediction?

He will legitimize Michael Ash's "Shaken Faith Syndrome." Old TBM parents are buying this book up and sending it to their questioning kids. It is a hell of a concept. The idea that you have something wrong with you and that the organization you are worrying about is just some benevolent "tradition" like Buddhism. It just needs a Phd in with a Freudian pedigree to develop it into something that has both a Mormon feel to it and legitimized psychoanalysis to back it up.

It may be called something old instead of something new, but it will be the basis and foundation upon which Dehlin will attempt the impossible and probably succeed - take a bad religion and make it Dianeticsfor Christians. Mormons will flock to Dehlin to be "cured" or at least given a framework with which to resolve their inner conflicts about the lies of Mormonism and the things Mormonism pretends to uphold like total honesty and charity.

This is my prediction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 01:50PM

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 03:08PM

Syndrome. What is a "syndrome?"
"a disease, psychological disorder, or other abnormal condition"
His title implies that if people have doubts about Mormonism there is something wrong with them, could be something as minor as Tourrettes or Aspergers (when I say minor, I do not mean to disparage anybody who has the disorder and struggling with it), or something more severe like Parkinsons or AIDS.

If you have doubts, you are abnormal.

Oh the hubris!

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 03:41PM

When ever money is a motive the message is corruptible. I've never been much for fence sitting acolytes like Dehlin or Joanna Brooks flitting around the foyer looking for a way to monetize.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.