Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 27, 2011 05:42PM

Below are the exchanges (with original spelling):

"Sir

"Ive never written you but it is obvious the truth does NOT matter to people like you.

"When . . . this nation [is destroyed] you will KNOW how wrong you are."
_____

I replied:

"Ma'am--

"I have never written you but it is obvious that you don't care that your version of what you say constitutes 'the truth' is not shared by everybody else. . . .

"I will NOT draw what you want-or what you say 'the people' want, since the last time I checked[,] . . . you did not officially speak for 'the people.'"

"Thanks for trying, though. :)"
_____

The correspondent wrote back:

"Benson,

"I KNOW that what I believe is NOT everyone's truth. I never claimed it was---I simply KNOW--absolutely KNOW that Iam correct.

"I KNOW history.

"The 'hitlers' in the world are VERY deceptive and they KNOW how to fool people. Just act like you are nice and everyone will follow like little lambs to the slaughter.

"You will find out HOW right Iam and it will be too late."
_____

"To which I replied:

"And, of course, many folks believe (including you, as you have admitted here) that they are blessed with special knowledge when it comes to being 'correct.' This you say you 'know.' And that you know it 'absolutely.'

"Uh-huh.

"Well, you don’t know your history. Yooooooooou whooooooo . . . Earth to [reader]: I’m not Hitler. That you believe/know that I am is proof that you don’t know your facts---and that you’re, well, kinda wacky.

"And, for heaven’s sake, you think that [I'm] going to slaughter you? Not only are you out to lunch historically, you’re downright paranoid. Please seek professional help."
_____

Then this one from another "absolute truther":

"Mr. Benson,

"Your recent [views] have had merit - BUT - your only detailing half of the truth. This party would ask; are you not cognizant of the [people], or plain vanilla obstinate?"
_____

My reply:

"What you consider to be 'the truth' is your opinion of what you personally believe is 'the truth.'

"And if you think you’re the one here with the whole truth, then perhaps you’re just plain vanilla obstinate.

"Quit making it so easy for me to turn it back on you."
_____

"Mormonthink" appears in the last days to be making inroads in these here parts.

:)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 09:49PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 27, 2011 09:48PM

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 04:06AM

I should never have drawn those cartoons!”

Who KNEW those TBM dictators of the one-true-everything aka brainwashing enforcers, would discover your disarming, charming, and cleverly disguised cartoons were actually an artistic rendering of “Mein Kampf” mapping the road to genocide?

Their minds are molded in the straitjacketed, and narrow confines of “correct” dogma; their thoughts become as inflexible as the iron rod. Their brainwashing completes its installation in their heads, and unless views are dictated by the almighty sky daddy they are repelled, and quickly travel from in one ear, and out the other.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 04:10AM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: January 28, 2011 11:48AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.