Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:24PM

This was provided by poster Jim Huston a while back:

http://jhuston.com/Boyd%27s_Little_Factory.pdf

A bit of commentary here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,116647

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:29PM

Well, the joke's on him, now. He can't even find his dick anymore, and may not have seen it for some years. Besides that, it doesn't work, anyway. And he never got to have the male love that he truly desired his whole life. We must pity the man.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:30PM

...who communed with Jehovah?

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:54PM

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:57PM

I actually had an original from day one, but don't know where it is these days, must be thrown out to recycling by now.

Posted by: missblue ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 06:34PM

This is the first time I have ever read this and I can't even describe how much anger wells up in me while reading.....

Seriously, the whole "little factory," if you can't use the proper anatomical terms, you have NO place talking about sexual matters with young men. You are not a teacher, parent or close confidant with these men and this is SO inappropriate to be talking about at a religious meeting.

Secondly, the whole story about the missionary hitting his companion so hard that he knocked him on the floor (apparently because this other companion was trying to be physical with him?) is horrifying! Hooray for beating up homosexuals! What a great message to be spreading.....Apparently physical violence doesn't matter as long as you're keeping yourself pure from someone of the same sex....I cringe thinking about the laugh they all had about his "it wouldn't have been very good for a GA to do that" statement...

I will say that obviously if someone is forcing themselves on you, you have every right to defend yourself and your body, but not knowing the context of the situation, it's tricky to know exactly what happened.

Eeesh. I can't believe this talk ever occurred.

Date: July 28, 2013 07:41PM

Imagine being 13. The Mormon church is a dark force in our society, working and sacrificing to expose its' crimes and diminish its' power are just and virtuous expenditures.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 08:18PM

missblue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, the whole "little factory," if you
> can't use the proper anatomical terms, you have NO
> place talking about sexual matters with young men.

I agree. What if there were some in the audience who had no idea what part of the body he was referring to? Perhaps they would have been better off. But there he was, an authority figure to millions of males, demonstrating that even using anatomical terms can lead to sin. How many wedding nights were marred by men who couldn't even discuss anatomy with their virginal wives? How many heterosexual males actually believed that they, too, could turn horribly gay, simply by doing something that comes naturally? Such piss-poor leadership. Such a terrible waste of humanity, all because of the church's obsession with masturbation.

There is gonna be such a party here when that waste of a human being dies. I know some people think it's terrible to think or say that, but given the damage done by this unrepentant man, I just couldn't care less about being seen as too callous.

Date: July 29, 2013 01:19AM

Perhaps some of the females that are especially hostile towards males will find some peace for their brothers and sons in these words.

We were treated poorly too.

Out Mothers told us to trust and love this Church. We believed them because we loved them, and because we believed they loved us too.

Posted by: ratbert ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 10:20PM

I was thinking the same thing regarding gay bashing. He's literally endorsing physical assault against gays! And the line that's meant to be funny:

"Well, thanks. [Thanks!?!?!?!?] Somebody had to do it [beat up a gay guy, and it had to be done], and it wouldn't be well for a General Authority to solve [SOLVE?] the problem that way."

<mindless laughter of the clones>

was creepy. Often times, the lines that illicit laughter from the audience at General Conference make my skin crawl.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 06:57PM

Let Monson die. Put in Boyd KKK Packer. Then watch the internet and media tear apart everything KKK has ever said or written. LDS Inc.’s PR department won’t be able to save face or keep up with the public's intense, factual and honest criticism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 06:59PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:38PM

I so hope BKP outlives Monson! He is hanging on by his fingernails. While it would be justice for him to just miss out - going a week or so before Monson, the damage to the church would be so worth it if he made it to the top.

If BKP makes it to prophet, they won't be able to throw his life's work down the memory hole after he dies. The icing on the cake would be if he retains the capacity to crush some faith with his old-time hatefulness for a while before he goes.

Date: July 28, 2013 07:43PM

I don't hope for much out of my control or influence.

I hope BKP survives Thomas Monson. Prayors (people who pray), give me me a TSM stroke soon, please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 08:23PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: darksprout ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:56PM

That damn pamphlet. Had the pleasure of being acquainted with that when I was 13.

We had a sex psychologist come in and give a lecture in my Gen Psych class first year of college (Utah) -

"How many of you masturbate?"

No hands.

"No really be honest."

No hands, again.

She continued with the lecture, assuring everyone that, among other things, masturbation was perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of. When the lecture was over -

"Okay, how many of you masturbate?"

Almost all of the little factories raised their hands. Pretty messed up to have to wait until college to feel normal.

Posted by: whattookmesolong ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:59PM

Saw Saturday's Voyear last night and one of the acts was quoting for this verbatim. Hilarious! You should have seen the look on the faces of my friends when I told them that this was not only a real pamphlet, but direct from a talk BKP gave in general Priesthood meeting probably 36 or 37 years ago. I remember to this day how uncomfortable I was sitting next to my Dad and brothers listening to the little factory discussion. Yuck!

Date: July 28, 2013 08:14PM

"Jimmy, oh, Jimmy don't listen to them. If they take you away from your family and friends they'll leave you alone in the end."

What if your family and friends are advocates for darkness? What a twisted culture. It is just to defeat them.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 09:27PM

I still have a paper copy of the infamous little book. And, because I'm so proud of mormonism, I share it with others when the conversation goes that way. There's nothing like sharing with the world how mormons think and operate.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 09:43PM

I can hardly believe they still distribute that pamphlet from LDS.org:

http://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/language-materials/33382_eng.pdf?lang=eng

when the actual address has been deleted from the Conference page:

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/1976/10?lang=eng

and from the Ensign:

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1976/11?lang=eng

Bizarre.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 01:09AM

This is the first time I have read this. Yes, it is disgusting. I can't count how many lies are in this pamphlet. Lies about anatomy, lies about gays, literally recommending gay-bashing!

Ambition, courage, physical and emotional and spiritual strength are MALE characteristics? I guess I wasted a good part of my life, then, on my career, on preventing the abuse of my children, on getting an athletic scholarship, etc.

Gays are some kind of vampire? If they bite you, you will become gay?

Here it is, Folks, the Mormon case against creativity:

..."Thoughts, like water, will stay on course if we make a place for them to go. Otherwise, our thoughts follow the course of least resistance, always seeking the lower levels." --Boyd K. Packer.

What I see is a talk (or pamphlet) that begins on one subject, but is really about something else. It begins with the titillating subject of sex, and slam-dunks about CONTROL. Body control, which leads to mind control, which ends with CULT MIND CONTROL. Memorize hymns. Brainwash yourself. Fast, so you can't think straight, because there will be no blood sugar in the brain. Let the leaders do the thinking for you. TSCC wants the young men to feel guilty, and "vulgar, immoral, even depraved", and to confess, and to open themselves up to the priesthood leadership, like lambs to the slaughter.

Ugh. The priesthood leaders hit and kicked my sons, but not for being gay, as "hilarious" as that would have been. All my boys did was sleep in on Sunday, after their early paper route, and missed priesthood meeting. I have things backwards from the Mormons, but I think beating and threatening children is a much worse crime than missing a stupid cult meeting. TSCC has its values skewed. That's just one of the reasons why I believe TSCC is evil.

I think every Mormon NOWADAYS, meaning this generation, should read this pamphlet. Savvy young parents know more about sexuality now, from a scientific viewpoint. They know more about psychology, too. Here's a pamphlet of lies to read, for yourself! How do you feel about your precious Mormon church, now?

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 11:36PM

+1

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 01:22AM

Whose factory are you calling little?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxt-wqNa9xcJMBds_wcFqVYKhG0W8JMIQKdqhWAd3Nu0au8Z8ndA

And yes, that choice of factory was intentional, both because of the size of the operation, and the further symbolism of the final product.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 05:50PM

Is that a naval gun in your pocket, or are you packing some real heat?

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 27, 2014 10:33PM

Packer recounts an event when he was ten:

"A neighbor came through the orchard. He watched for a moment and then with a few vigorous strokes of the shovel he cleared the ditch bottom and allowed the water to course through the channel he had cleared."

If I'm reading this correctly, his neighbor jacked him off one day? I'm really hearing an unconscious confession.

Posted by: lostinva ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 08:06AM

I'm pretty sure this was still being taught/used in the late 1990's, because I remember it and it had an effect on me. It only aided to keeping me in the closet longer, and then it also aided me in leaving TSCC. I would say that knowing about this pamphlet was the biggest factor in my beginning to disbelief and ultimately leaving in the early 2000's. I knew that something this vile could not be divine and only from the brain of a very nasty, homophobic man claiming to speak for God.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 09:21PM

Same experience for me. I got it in the early 90ies. Screw me up pretty good. The irony is that Boyd KKK Packer clearly seems to think he's being helpful and making boys feel better about their sexuality.

Yeah right, it's 'only natural' to have urges that if acted on leads to "the sin next to murder" - masturbation. Or worse, presumably even closer to murder, homosexuality. And about the gaybashing, I don't think for a minute that the missionary had done anything more than flirted with the guy. Before the 90ies a man flirting with you was seen as some kind offense on your manly honor.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 08:57AM

Come, listen to a(n almost dead) prophet's voice, and hear the words of God.

(NOT)

Posted by: Opie's Ghost ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 09:02AM

Try being a 14 year old sitting in the chapel next to your dad and people you go to church with and listening to this being spewed live from the tabernacle.

Talk about awkward and hugely embarrassing.

And it didn't work. I went home that night and did it again anyway, just to spite BKP.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 05:53PM

I had to read it and the pamphlet was given out quite a bit in the 80s. My mom waited for me to finish it and I gave it back to her for I guess my brothers to read.

It was embarrassing and induced years upon years of guilt.

My brother thinks he is a sex addict because of it - because he can't live up to it.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 10:53PM

I sent a copy to a friend and we had a good laugh at Pecker's expense. What a freak.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 11:48PM

This thread brings back memories for me. I was one month away from entering the mission field when I was sitting in the chapel listening to this soon to be famous talk. I was 19 years old at the time and ever since I was 13, I would rub one out on a regular basis. To think of all those years I carried guilt around. Some of you may think this strange, but I actually believed that the majority of the aaronic priesthood youth did not masturbate. I looked at myself as a deviant who couldn't be cured.

Posted by: nerdfighter ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 01:05AM

I had a bishop give me the "Little Factory" pamphlet around 2006. He had a whole cardboard box full of them. I never stopped and thought that I was one of many playing with their factory.
-DFTBA-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 02:04AM by nerdfighter.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.