Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmolisa ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 11:41PM

Seriously, is there ANYTHING a missionary could do that would IMMEDIATELY get him or her kicked off his/her mission?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 11:42PM

"Many is the faithful Latter-Day Saint parent that would rather their son or daughter return home to them in a pine box than without their chastity."

How's that for an out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 11:43PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 11:48PM

Oh, yes. Consort with prostitute, confess to MP. Bonus points for a transexual one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 11:49PM by rationalguy.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 11:48PM

Or if you don't want to do that, you could just SAY you did that.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:57AM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:58AM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 01:01AM

Also, to the OP:

You could play "Joseph Smith" and that would get you sent home immediately.

Then when people asked you could give them a story that would be ironically awkward as well as historically hysterical.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:11AM

My husband confessed to having had some sort of sexual relations with a (non mormon) girl before his mission and he was immediately sent home. He was on track to be some sort of missionary leader (I don't remember all the lingo). Being sent home in extremely public disgrace for being a healthy, HONEST young man was deeply traumatic for him. I'm grateful though, it repelled him from the "church"

He was a sincere missionary yet he was immediately kicked off. Sometimes he says he chose to leave but when he's being frank he says he was forced to leave.

Posted by: rd4jesus ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:18AM

I would suspect anything of a sexual nature (other than masturbation) or of an extreme violent nature would get you sent home. However, we had a missionary in our mission who threw a knife at his Senior Comp and got to stay in the mission, only he had to tract with the APs for the rest of his mission. We also had two missionaries who went to Rio De Janeiro (about 400 miles from Sao Paulo) for a day trip and they had to explain to the Area Presidency and their Stake President why they should stay on their missions. I also heard a rumor that two missionaries were in the audience during the filming of a popular television show (O Xou de Xuxa) and were seen by members and soon sent home.

Posted by: southernutah ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 01:11AM

rd4jesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would suspect anything of a sexual nature (other
> than masturbation) or of an extreme violent nature
> would get you sent home. However, we had a
> missionary in our mission who threw a knife at his
> Senior Comp and got to stay in the mission, only
> he had to tract with the APs for the rest of his
> mission. We also had two missionaries who went to
> Rio De Janeiro (about 400 miles from Sao Paulo)
> for a day trip and they had to explain to the Area
> Presidency and their Stake President why they
> should stay on their missions. I also heard a
> rumor that two missionaries were in the audience
> during the filming of a popular television show (O
> Xou de Xuxa) and were seen by members and soon
> sent home.

I was in love with xuxa

Posted by: Lost in Time ( )
Date: August 04, 2013 12:47AM

Really just for seeing Xuxa? Now if it was Chacrinha (did I spellit right?) I could see it.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:19AM

I think gay sex would get you home even faster than hetero sex. And as truthseeker said, "If you don't want to do that just say you did".

Posted by: disobedient ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 12:50AM

Finger a sister missionary. It happened on my mission and it seemed to work on getting both the elder and sister sent home. Basically, anything sexual your gone. Except for masterbation. In that case, all the doors come down and Jesus pictures are places everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 02:20AM

I wonder why, as a fully grown adult, you just can't say "I want to go home", and go. In any other situation, other than the Church, that is exactly what you would do. If you added a few very non-Mormon like expletives it would help. Yes they would try to talk you out of it, but hey, you are an adult, it is up to you!

I knew of one fellow, raised in the Church, who worked for 2 years for the Bishop, one year after school and on Saturdays, and another full time 6 days a week. He opened an account and told the Bishop just to put his money into it for his mission.

He was American, and called to another American state. After a few months of drawing on his account it dried up. It turned out the Bishop hadn't been depositing the money for over 18 mths, and being VERY trusting, he hadn't checked.

So he marched into the MP office and said what had happened and that he was going home. The MP said "No of course this is terrible, we will arrange for you to be supported". The fellow said, "You are asking me to teach people about the truth of the Church and its people, after I worked for over 18 months and was defrauded?" He left, took the little money he had left, got a bus home and that was it.

Of course when my ex DH arrived in Australia for his mission, the mission president took their passports. He was NOT impressed with that. So you may need some help in that area, depending on where you are.
But remember, you are your own person, PERFECTLY capable of making your own decisions, and this mission is a VOLUNTARY thing, you are free to pull out at any time!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 31, 2013 07:16AM

My son and wife bought a house in Pocatello, ID, and "Return with Honor" was stenciled up over the inside of the front door.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.