Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 01, 2013 09:49PM

When I was a young boy in Primary, I remember thinking, “I was really lucky to be born into the true church,” but looking back on it, it was like a trial with a rigged verdict.

Imagine you are called to jury duty, and the trial began with the judge saying “Ladies and Gentleman of the jury, the court finds the defendant not guilty. The prosecuting attorney will not be allowed to make an opening statement, and we admonish the jury to not listen to anything that she, or any member of her team, says. We will begin with the defense attorney’s opening statement.” Only the defense is allowed to enter evidence. Only expert witnesses that are deemed to be experts by the defense are allowed to testify. Only the defense is allowed to make a closing statement. As you start deliberations, you are given jury instructions that explicitly direct you to ignore any prosecution evidence or testimony that you may have been accidently exposed to. What would be the inevitable verdict?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.