Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 11:38AM

So I was sitting in a chair reading a book after work yesterday. My wife came home a few minutes later in a dress and carrying her "little black suitcase" so I knew she had been to the temple. She doesn't hide her attendance from me, but she certainly doesn't advertise it, we just kind of ignore it in order to keep the peace.

As she walked past me I put on a big smile and asked: Hey, how was the new movie? She stopped dead in her tracks, turned and looked at me with a "how in the hell do you know about that" look on her face. I was still smiling so she mumbled something about "it was interesting". The she smiled as well and walked on.

Of course I didn't laugh out loud, but it was all I could do to hold it in. I kind of hoped she would ask me how I knew about it or at least tell me about the changes later on, but Good Mormons just don't discuss specifics of the temple.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 11:39AM

Lol

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 11:42AM

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 11:53AM

So naive. No wonder tscc has such a hold on them.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 11:57AM

Oh, that's mean... I love it! ;-)

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 12:16PM

That is funny. I had something like that happen recently too.

When we kept hearing about the big announcement that was going to take place at the Marriott center recently about the new missionary program. I told my inactive sister about it and she told her totally TBM husband what I had heard and he did everything to figure out what was going on. Then when it was all over he said. I'm glad luvcake is keeping up with church stuff. I didn't expect that of her. MY sister laughed because she knew where I had gotten my info and it wasn't because I was keeping one feet in the door like her tbm husband thought. It's kind of fun to by psychic!

Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 12:43PM

That's why I'm surprised about all the open comments on FB about it--what happened to "sacred, not secret"?

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 12:46PM

It really is fun. I was dropping all sorts of insider information about FAIR people on my family, they were all like "wow, you sure know a lot". I could tell they were surprised, but weren't sure if they wanted to know how or why I knew.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 02:27PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 03:32PM

I love that....and just how different is this movie?

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 03:39PM

Oh, that's funny in a twisted apostate way. LOL

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 03:43PM

Hey, I just smiled by proxy...thanks for sharing. Can't wait to do the same to my own TBM'rs.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 04:17PM

I still think the best one would be to drop the temple name for the day for someone who was going through or actually call someone by their temple name-I love to hear these kinds of stories but would never be able to actually do that!

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 09:35PM

What's also funny is her swearing after being in "God's house" - "Where in the hell..."

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 10:42PM

She didn't *say* that. That was his rendition of her facial expression.

Posted by: mandy ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 10:36PM

Lol....I did that on my mission

One morning durin study, I just casually asked my comp, " So sister, what is your temple name? Mine is Mary." I was just kidding though.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: August 02, 2013 10:18PM

BUT ITS SACRED! Snort ;-D ! Luv it! Think I'll ask my TBM fam. tat!I wonder if they think we'(or they ) are going to be struck by lighting or somethin. Or maye we'll go up in flames!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.