Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nowayjoe ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 12:45PM

probably a repost but worth the re read..

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765635097/Mormon-missionarys-brother-shares-miracle-preceding-his-death-pays-tribute-to-his-life.html

Mormon missionary's brother shares miracle preceding his death

"Josh, lift your legs," Dr. Asmitia said.
Yet under heavy doses of medication, Josh failed to even respond.
This time Dr. Asmitia shouted, "Josh, lift your legs!"
Clenching his fists, Josh exerted all his strength to move his legs. Slowly, he lifted his knees from the bed. Then, he raised his right foot.
"In 38 years of practice, I have seen a lot of miracles," Dr. Cameron said, "but I have never seen something like this before."

Yet by the time my mom arrived in Dallas, Josh's progress had taken a turn for the worse. Due to swelling of his brain resulting from the concussion, Josh's lungs and heart began to fail. After all the doctor's efforts to resuscitate him, Josh passed away at 11:15 p.m. on Monday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 02:42PM

That's sad.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 02:45PM

Mormonism's God grants temporary (and somewhat useless) miracles????

Not a god I want to be involved with at all.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 04:00PM

Is it just me, or are hearing of a lot of mishie deaths lately?

Posted by: DillyDal ( )
Date: August 08, 2013 04:13PM

As usual, it is here, and in other articles like this, that church members dictate what God was "thinking".

For an organization that so vehemently argues against "moral relativity", they sure know how to bend God's will in any direction they need to. This experience here highlights such miscalculations.

Just for curiosity's sake, let's imagine religion had been removed from the picture in this clinic. What if no one started to breathe a sigh of relief that God had started to heal Josh? What if, instead, people thought to continue urgently taking as much care of Josh as possible, knowing that he had a very traumatic injury? Is it possible that different measures may have been taken if there had been no belief in God's healing power?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.