Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: druid ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 08:01PM

I know that our continued existance is discomforting enough for many of the members and some might wish us to just shrivle up and blow away, skin turn black, grow horns, die early like Brigham suggest would happen.
It seems most of us are usually passive, or sometimes angry and and militant but what pains them the most is to see us happy- we are often hard to ignore. Here is your chance to share what may be a gouge or two a "Dig" or outright insult that you may feel not quite worthy of a post- Put it here. It is fun to rub their noses in it and we want to hear yours.

I will go first.

So the other day going through the checkout line at the grocery store a former bishop of mine walks up and stands in line behind me. (I don’t know if he is still a Bish or not and he was a decent enough guy but on the other hand he didn’t make any effort to cross the picket line during the shunning we experienced years ago after leaving.) We said “Hi” and then proceeded to ignore each other. As I was being handed my receipt I ask the cashier how much I saved with the coupons and members club thingy. She pointed to it on the receipt. I said a little too loudly and with a big smile- “ Ten percent !!! I love saving ten percent” . I am sure it wasn’t lost on the bishop. Dig!! ( Actually , I had saved 16%). LOL.
Sometimes it is the little things in life….

Next?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 08:05PM

I guess it was when a missionary couple came to visit, and I was told I could marry in the temple again and still be a goddess. I said "No thankyou I don't want to marry again (in or out of the temple), and don't want to be pregnant for eternity".

He looked a little dazed, but did not respond!

Posted by: Cinnamint ( )
Date: August 16, 2013 10:43PM

Druid, that made me lol!

Posted by: nevermoaz ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 12:55AM

Ugh, I get visited by the missionaries at least once every six weeks in my apartment complex. I usually tell them "No, I like choosing my own underwear, follow your own 11th Article of Faith and I don't need a cult I have my Goddess". They shuffle off fast....but like faithful little cockroaches, keep coming back

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 17, 2013 07:21AM

When the missionaries dropped by 2012 Oct conf. weekend I put my hands on their shoulders and asked them "I bet you can't wait to get new 18 year olds to train as companions can you?"

They were uncomfortable with that.

Once I asked the Missies "Why does the creator, Jesus, need a Tiffany's to shop at?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.